Forums Latest Members

Omega Aqua Terra 41mm Minute Hand Jump

1. BlackDread May 24, 2021

Hi all, will appreciate if you can help me. I have bought the AT 8900 last year and recently I found out that the minute hand jump when I push in the crown. I tried to turn the time forward 5 minute and backwards but still jump. Even if i push in the crown slightly it will also jump and I don't remember having this issue in the past? Should I send it to the service center or is this considered normal in the Aqua Terra. Some help will be nice

2. Undefeatable May 24, 2021

Its been a year or so since I've owned my last Aqua Terra with the 8900 movement and I think mind jumped too. I dont remember if it jumped back or forward a minute, but I would just set the time knowing it would jump. Example If it was 10:30, i would set the hands to 10:29 and then push the crown in and it would "jump" to 10:30.

3. AntonisCy May 24, 2021

The minute hand jump when pushing the crown back in is normal.

4. filmluvr88 May 24, 2021

For my 8900 AT which I bought back in March of this year, mine doesn't jump greatly when I push in the crown (I recently re-sync'ed this past weekend). I do notice the minute hand does jump slightly when I push in the crown but it definitely doesn't travel one whole minute for me.

5. BlackDread May 25, 2021

Thank you guys for all your comments. In that case I will just wait till the watch to tell me it’s time for service.

6. Barqy May 25, 2021

I just tried this on my new (2 month's old green dial AT) and noticed that the minute hand did move slightly when pushing the crown back in. Now, with that said, my observation is that it moves to the range between the minutes based on the second hand's orientation. For example, if the second hand is at 30 seconds, the minute hand would be right in the middle of the minutes (50% to the next minute).

Give that a go!

7. filmluvr88 May 25, 2021

I think this makes sense as when I push the crown in when the seconds hand is at the 0/60 sec mark, the minute hand doesn't move much at all. Does yours move at all when the seconds is at 12 o'clock?

8. Barqy May 25, 2021

Mine minute hand admittedly moved a sliver counterclockwise. Interesting.