Are the hallmarks correct on this 168.045?

Hello all,

As some of you know, I have been searching hard for an all-gold 168.045 Constellation. I have found a possible candidate for acquisition. I am wondering if any expert here can tell me if the inside caseback hallmarks look correct for this watch, and if the movement is correct?

I was distressed to read an article on the Omega Constellation Collectors website that indicate some fakes out of China have fairly convincing hallmarks. I am not an expert when it comes to this level of research, and would love to tap the massive expertise here before pulling the trigger. Photos below.

Thank you!

Daniel

This looks like the same watch from your first post a couple of weeks ago.

My assessment is that the movement is a mess of parts from different watch that might work together, but are ugly when put together.

The hallmarks look correct to my eye, but I am viewing from a great distance via the Internet.

I would recommend that you not get this one, unless you intend on spending big money at Omega on a replacement dial and many other parts.
gatorcpa

PS - If you want to see what one of these in collectible condition looks like, please look here:

7aafa28f-00cc-45fe-910c-799d3740618e.jpg
https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/22367...day-date-18k-168-045-368-845-unisex-1960-1969

Is that the same watch from your previous post? If so the case is horrible, even if it is gold.

Hi all- thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions: I did read the "learn to fish" post, which was great, and very informative. I thought that I might just ask about the hallmarks specifically of this watch. Yes, it is the same one I posted about before. The only thing that has changed in my calculus is that I have sourced a NOS dial and hands at reasonable cost, which allows me, should I move forward, to instantly correct a major deficiency. I agree the case is not perfect, and this is my hesitation. And yet, every watch I've looked into -- even ones priced far higher than the one I am debating -- are marred in one way or another. (Often the problem is a bad case.) I know, I know -- patience is a virtue. But sometimes the heart wants what the -- well you know the saying.

To be clear -- because I have posted about several 168.045s -- this is the one I showed the hallmarks of ... see below. That is it on my wrist. I tried it on -- it is available locally.

IMG_7646(1).jpg IMG_7655(1).jpg IMG_7650.jpg IMG_7649(1).jpg