Are Omega bracelets / clasps covered under warranty? (Weird clasp issue)

First off, hello everyone, it’s been a while.

I am having a rather strange issue with the quick adjust clasp on my beloved Seamaster that I have been wearing basically nonstop for the past 5 months or so. Basically what seems to be happening is that the screws holding the outer shell of the clasp to the inner portion are falling out for some reason. When this happens, it causes the clasp to become misaligned and jams up the whole mechanism, and the clasp cannot be opened. Hence the watch is stuck to my wrist and cannot be removed without disconnecting a link. I assume it must have been assembled wrong initially, because I can’t see any reason that this should happen.

It first happened with the lower right screw, pictured first. I am not sure when the screw actually fell out, because it worked fine on Tuesday, but I only noticed when I went to take off the bracelet on to adjust it on Wednesday and could not. Currently lacking the proper screwdriver to remove it myself, I took it to my local Omega AD to have them do it. They were able to remove the bracelet, disassemble the clasp, and put it back together, but without that screw. The rep could not tell me if the clasp would be covered under warranty, and said he’d never seen anything like this before. He advised me to try wearing it as is and just be careful when adjusting the clasp from now on, so I tried.

Now today, the upper left screw has also gone missing and the clasp is jammed up again. So clearly it’s going to have to be fixed or replaced. My questions are:

- Would Omega replace a clasp or bracelet under warranty?
- If not, would I be able to get the correct size screw and screwdriver to fix it myself? Does anyone know what size these screws are? (@Archer ?)

Of all of the issues I would have expected to possibly have with this watch, this was not one of them, so any help is appreciated. I am definitely not paying $400+ for a new bracelet.

Pics

First screw
78B0A676-CE5B-4139-8CF7-F77E887AEA80.jpeg

Second screw D95131FA-D4AE-4026-B347-55DA0F62B803.jpeg

Jammed clasp
47FED3B7-0E6B-4B4F-90E1-C4B9780BBDCA.jpeg

Glamour shots when the bracelet wasn’t broken:
64B648F4-2298-47E4-A3B5-AF189E95F76B.jpeg 82468C1B-1BEF-4F27-86A3-B5D731B5B8A4.jpeg

I really don't know the answer, but I would assume that the whole watch is covered under warranty. You could ask a dealer (which you would have to do anyway for service) and they could give you a definitive answer.
Edited:

- Would Omega replace a clasp or bracelet under warranty?

I would expect Omega to first repair the bracelet before replacing it, but that's just a guess. If you take the watch and your warranty paperwork to the nearest boutique, and tell them you want to make a claim under warranty, you can ask them if they'll repair or replace it.

If they try to send you away again with a clasp with missing screws, talk to the manager.

Screenshot_20210214-133932-01.jpeg

Unfortunately my closest Omega boutique is over 2 hours away, so that's not an option. I may have to just send it in and hope they can repair it under warranty. Seems a shame to lose my watch for a while for just a couple of faulty screws.

Maybe speak to your chosen repair centre and send just the bracelet. Whilst it’s being repaired, enjoy the watch on leather/nato/shark mesh etc.

Maybe speak to your chosen repair centre and send just the bracelet. Whilst it’s being repaired, enjoy the watch on leather/nato/shark mesh etc.

That's what I'm going to do if they'll let me. I have plenty of other straps to wear it on in the meantime.

Unfortunately my closest Omega boutique is over 2 hours away, so that's not an option. I may have to just send it in and hope they can repair it under warranty. Seems a shame to lose my watch for a while for just a couple of faulty screws.
In situations like this I find it is better to front up in person and explain the problem. I've driven 4 hours on occasion to get a problem solved, a 2 hour journey is nothing to me to get it done right.

Call them. I’m sure they have a shipping solution for you.

I am not sure why the AD wasn't able to fix it via a warranty claim let alone actually fix it correctly. That seems bizzare, did you purchase it from them? Do you have a valid warranty card?

Call them. I’m sure they have a shipping solution for you.

Call the Omega boutique and ship it to them? Or ship directly to Omega?

I am not sure why the AD wasn't able to fix it via a warranty claim let alone actually fix it correctly. That seems bizzare, did you purchase it from them? Do you have a valid warranty card?

Yes, I purchased it from them and have a valid warranty card. I think the guy I was talking to just wasn't sure if the warranty would cover bracelet defects, but I sure hope it would. I'm going to need to go back again tomorrow for them to get the bracelet off my wrist anyway, so I'll ask one more time before contacting an Omega boutique.

Would Omega replace a clasp or bracelet under warranty?
- If not, would I be able to get the correct size screw and screwdriver to fix it myself? Does anyone know what size these screws are? (@Archer ?)

Don't mind helping, but please let me know either the reference number of the watch, or the bracelet/clasp numbers so I don't have to go searching to find this information thanks.

I wouldn’t send in the entire watch if it’s just an issue with the bracelet clasp. Remove the bracelet and just send it. Hope they fix it under warranty, but don’t be surprised that they don’t because the tech at the AD disassembled the clasp and put it back together without the screw. Omega could easily say that voided the warranty. Hopefully they’ll do the right thing.

Don't mind helping, but please let me know either the reference number of the watch, or the bracelet/clasp numbers so I don't have to go searching to find this information thanks.

Sorry, ref. no is 210.30.42.20.03.001. Steel SM300.

Sorry, ref. no is 210.30.42.20.03.001. Steel SM300.

This clasp - 117STZ001159 - has a known issue. If your watch still has the sales warranty, they should replace the clasp free of charge.

Cheers, Al

This clasp - 117STZ001159 - has a known issue. If your watch still has the sales warranty, they should replace the clasp free of charge.

Cheers, Al

Ok, fantastic, that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if I could keep the watch head or would I have to send the whole thing in? I'm not familiar with Omega SOP here.

Thanks Al.

Ok, fantastic, that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if I could keep the watch head or would I have to send the whole thing in? I'm not familiar with Omega SOP here.

Thanks Al.

You need to talk to whoever is going to handle this, and they will tell you what to do...

You need to talk to whoever is going to handle this, and they will tell you what to do...

10-4. Appreciate the help.

Cheers, Al
Known issue? What can we do to prevent this from happening? Are the screws just loosening on their own?

10-4. Appreciate the help.
Just call the OB. Odds are they will send you a shipping box.

Known issue? What can we do to prevent this from happening? Are the screws just loosening on their own?

If your clasp has the problem, get it replaced.