Forums Latest Members

Aqua terra 41mm Bracelet to Rubber strap change, worth it?

1. Jarvdb Mar 28, 2024

Good day all

I’m ready to push the button and purchase my Aqua terra that I’ve been looking at for the last few months, was waiting for a good deal to appear for pre owned but the WoS have a fantastic discount on the model I like (26% off) which basically takes it down to same as preowned prices, the only thing is it’s on the bracelet and I’ve been hankering for the rubber straps

my question is on the bracelet is the centre insert the same as the inserts for the rubber strap will I be able to purchase the strap and utilise those bracelet inserts or will I have to purchase 2 of those too if I get the oem strap/clasp

2. YY77 Mar 28, 2024

Edited Mar 28, 2024
    Jarvdb likes this.
  3. wilderbeast Mar 28, 2024

Having the AT on the bracelet is no bad thing, imo. Adding additional straps will be somewhat negated by your discount!

Jarvdb likes this.
  4. Jarvdb Mar 29, 2024

I agree, the discount definitely negates the purchase of the strap, I just resent paying over £100 for the two end inserts, and it does look fantastic on the bracelet and will be worn on that for different occasions to try and keep the scratching of bracelet to a minimum

5. twizit Mar 29, 2024

Second buying the OEM rubber strap for the AT. Did this on mine and whilst fairly eye-wateringly expensive, it's transformed how I can use the watch, and for me it works in all environments. My OB was kind enough to throw in the end inserts for free. I have a reasonable purchase history with them, although by no means that significant, so always worth asking.

Jarvdb likes this.
  6. twizit Mar 29, 2024

Oh, and I didn't buy the AT through them - that came nearly new from C24

Jarvdb likes this.
  7. wilderbeast Mar 29, 2024

Never hurts to ask. I went the other way with my green AT. Got the leather strap for free from the OB but paid for the deployant to go with. As with rubber, the leather completely changes the vibe of the watch.

twizit and Jarvdb like this.
  8. Jarvdb Apr 3, 2024

So the watch arrives tomorrow, on the bracelet, and I am buzzing for it to say the least! it's the Silver(white) dial with orange accents

I've conviced myself that going for the oem strap is the next step as that was the look I first fell for when first seeing the watch but the discount was only for it on the bracelet and couldn't convince them to do an equivalent deal on rubber

now if anyone can show.me pictures of this watch or any other straps that would be great

twizit likes this.
  9. 502 to right Apr 4, 2024

Google search Omega Aqua Terra on strap and click the Images tab. You will find hundreds of photos. Obviously not all in your colorway but it will give you some inspiration regardless of color. I own multiple AT's and would never want one on just a bracelet or just a rubber strap. That's what makes the AT such a fantastic watch--it has so much versatility.

Also, you can go to the Omega website and pick out your model. Scroll down and they have a graphic that allows you to show the watch with several different OEM straps, both leather and NATO.

Jarvdb likes this.
  10. Jarvdb Apr 4, 2024

thank you, the AT looks like a strap monster, I'm going to have some fun with it for sure.

I think I’ve found summer mode off another forum IMG_5698.jpg

guwipa likes this.
  11. scapa Apr 14, 2024

Would only add that while I quite like the bracelet on the AT, I didn't like the AT on the bracelet as a daily wear. Found it far more comfortable on the strap, though I went with a sailcloth and not the OEM.

12. Jarvdb Apr 15, 2024

I have just put the order in for the rubber strap, £660 is an awful lot for a watch strap but hey-ho

13. Pastorbottle Apr 15, 2024