Forums Latest Members
  1. yellowtail Oct 16, 2020

Was wondering whether anyone on the forum has tried their older 36mm Aqua Terra (2518) on a Rubber strap? I am looking for a generic rubber strap similar to the current AT Rubber strap option (the ones curved ends and integrated steel end piece). My AT has 19mm lug width and perhaps a 20mm rubber strap would fit. If you have any ideas for replacement straps, would be most interested to hear! Thanks

2. Jonathan40 Oct 16, 2020

Rubber strap are generally thicker at the case end and quite stiff. I think you would have trouble trying to shove a 20mm in 19mm lug width.

3. yellowtail Oct 16, 2020

Thanks for the swift response! I was afraid of the width indeed. One mm doesn't sound like much but could be an issue. Wonder if there are any generic replacement straps like the OEM Omega strap which perhaps have softer rubber and could be made to fit.

4. Jonathan40 Oct 16, 2020

Have a look at Zealande website.
    Again depends if you want a deployment or tang buckle fastener. Personally I prefer a tang on rubber straps.
    Not sure where you are in the world.

5. yellowtail Oct 16, 2020

Am in Washington DC. Will certainly check out the Zealande website. Thanks again. I just got a deployment buckle for my Heuer reedition which I must say I like a lot.

6. Jonathan40 Oct 16, 2020

Great city, I’m in the UK and Watchfinder site sell straps removed from watches dirt cheap.
    Current stock not great but I always keep an eye on a it for a cheap OEM strap.

7. yellowtail Oct 16, 2020

Thanks for the reference. Keep well there in the UK!