Forums Latest Members
  1. JK4 Mar 17, 2023

Hi All,
    Does anyone have the blue 300m on the black omega rubber strap? Any photos would be great.

I'm currently wearing it on the bracelet and am thinking of getting a rubber strap but I'm worried the blue rubber may be too much blue.
    Thanks.

McKnife likes this.
  2. LC23 Mar 18, 2023

My advice would be just get the blue rubber strap for the blue dial. The black rubber won't look right.

3rdstringholder likes this.
  3. 3rdstringholder Mar 18, 2023

20221029_183410.jpg
    Agreed....Obviously, it's subjective, but it isn't too much blue.

Caesar95, Stewart A and McKnife like this.
  4. Hetcins1 Mar 18, 2023

Have a splendid weekend IMG20230318102615.jpg

5. Scooterino36 Mar 18, 2023

I have the last gen SMPc on the current gen black rubber strap.
    I personally think black straps match pretty much any watch.

That being said, I also just ordered the blue version when it popped up for sale. I'll post a comparison picture when it arrives.

PXL_20230318_104049842.jpg
    McKnife likes this.
  6. JK4 Mar 18, 2023

The strap looks much better in this photo than in the renders on the omega site. Guess I'll have to go back to the AD I use to take a look. They didn't have any on rubber in stock when I was last in.

7. JK4 Mar 18, 2023

Looks good, thanks for sharing

8. JK4 Mar 18, 2023

Also, if I was getting the rubber strap, is the deployant really worth an extra €300? I've always used a tang buckle on leather and never had any issues.

9. Mac_to_ten Mar 18, 2023

I got a new SMP300m in January and asked myself the same question. When I got to the OB my mind was made up. It’s definitely worth the extra cost.

Side note. You cant swap out the tang buckle with the deployant clasp (and vice versa) on the rubber strap. You get two different versions of the strap-one for tang, one for deployant. So make sure you choose wisely!

10. 3rdstringholder Mar 18, 2023

The blue in the strap seems to be darker than the dial and bezel, if that helps. Have the tang buckle on mine....Works fine.

11. JK4 Mar 18, 2023

I'll see if the AD I use have any omegas on deployants to try. Might be unlikely but worth a try.

12. JK4 Mar 18, 2023

Yeah the real life photos look darker than the renders on the omega site. Thanks for the info.

13. McKnife Mar 18, 2023

I got a blue SMP on both bracelet and rubber. Bought the tang buckle because that's what was offered to me at the AD and I didn't know the deployant was an option. If I knew, I'd have bought it instead of the tang. I think it's safer on your wrist when you take it off. I've had a few close call nearly dropping it.

Sadly I don't have a good picture around and it's on bracelet for now. I've been wondering if black would be a good addition to vary what I'm wearing depending on my mood but I my take on the original question is that the blue looks awesome and definitely not too much blue. Just go with the deployant. Don't make the same mistake as I did.

But that's just my 2 cents.

hen likes this.
  14. hen Mar 19, 2023

Definitely go for the deployant. As McKnife stated above, its much safer. Its also much easier to air out under the strap and shift the watch around on your wrist. I was used to tang buckle on my diver, but when I got a deployant the old set up was just fiddly.

15. JK4 Mar 25, 2023

Thanks all. Does anyone have the part references for:
    - blue rubber strap for tang buckle (for current SMP diver 300m)
    - tang buckle for the strap
    - blue rubber strap for deployant clasp (for current SMP diver 300m)
    - deployant clasp for this strap

Also, are these straps one length or do I need to factor in what length I want?

16. LC23 Mar 25, 2023

The straps come in 3 different lengths so you have options. I have a 6.5 inch wrist. The regular strap leaves me on the second to shortest fitting but I find it more comfortable than the short strap. Bear in mind the holes can be in slightly different places which is why I think the regular strap is better for me. On the short strap I ended up between holes. Also bear in mind that the short does come up very short.

17. JK4 Mar 25, 2023

Thanks, good to know.
    I'll pop into the AD I bought the watch in tomorrow. Hopefully it's easy to order the right strap.

18. JK4 Mar 30, 2023

Has anyone bought one of these straps recently? Getting quoted €380 for the strap and €75 for the tang buckle which is higher than I was expecting.