Forums Latest Members
  1. chasemcmain0909 May 2, 2021

I am looking to purchase a new Aqua Terra. I cannot find much information / history on pricing for this specific model. It also shows as out of stock on omegas website. Does this model seem to hold value pretty well? There are only around 5-8 for sale on all of chrono / eBay. Or in general do Aqua Terras tend to hold as well as Speedmasters? I have owned several speedmasters and never lost money on them. Any advice would be very helpful.

2. Barqy May 3, 2021

I wouldn't say Aqua Terras hold there value well. They are overall less known and desirable than Speedmasters, that's for sure. I also think they don't get the attention and recognition they deserve. I'm a huge fan of the (current) Aqua Terra line up!

MtnMarine likes this.
  3. chasemcmain0909 May 3, 2021

Thanks for your response! This is the specific one I am thinking of purchasing. All titanium. It initially retailed at $8500 and now grey market / used its around $4500-5000. There are very few for sale and I believe they are now discontinued. I feel like what I see if that their resale value is usually a certain % of the full retail and then just sits around that price. Would you agree?

Screenshot 2021-04-09 140645.png
  4. Barqy May 3, 2021

I'm not intimately familiar with that detail on pricing, particularly on that model. If you're interested, do as much due diligence as possible and then you can make a more informed decision. If it's discontinued, then used or grey market is your only option here.

5. jeelan May 4, 2021

The Ti model was on my list to acquire until i got to try a 38.5mm in person and decided that size wasnt for me so its dropped off my radar now.

Price on these has been quite consistent. The odd one comes up at a cheaper price on Chrono24 from one of the regular Japanese sellers but its usually an incomplete set ie missing card(s) or instruction manual or box.

6. chasemcmain0909 May 4, 2021

Was it the size that bothered you or the weight? I know that I like that size - as I've had a 38 in the past and I have a small wrist - but I am concerned that it will just feel too light because of the Ti.

7. FrenchBigCrown May 4, 2021

I like the earlier (2004 ish?) version - 2502.33.00

Good luck with your search. :)

8. MtnMarine May 4, 2021

I agree with @Barqy. I had and sold the Skyfall 41 earlier this year. I was able to buy it for $3700, full set and turned around 4 months later and sold it for the same. I definitely wouldn't pay over 4K unless you're in a huge rush.
    And not that Chrono24 pricing is very accurate, but since I've sold, they say the value has actually went down 3%, for what's that worth.