Apollo Soyuz (1975) at Antiquorum

Worthy of further discussion, the auction is here

AQ AS 469 f.JPG AQ AS 469 r.JPG AQ AS 469.JPG

Of concern is always the presence and originality of the 5,5mm pushers. I cant tell from this photo.

The originality of the engraving. It looks slightly dodgy to me, especially the Omega symbol. Also this number is the clearest I have ever seen, they are usually very light and hard to read.

The presence of and extract. This is not stated

Note the description, as the sellers note this is the last of the watches built, 499, whereas the actual number of the watch is 469 - I suspect this is incompetence, not subterfuge. I have been known to be incompetent myself, but then I am not running a multi million $ auction house. 😉

I hope some of the experienced AS members chime in

No comment on the watch, but giving the commissions they charge, perhaps Antiquorum should start paying for a proper copywriter?

"Becoming the symbol of the space conquest, the choice of the Speedmaster was therefore the fruit of a long reflection and heavy specifications from NASA.

Following this heavy heritage, few of the limited editions bring such envy and excitement to collectors as the Apollo Soyuz."

Yes the description is a disaster

Those don't look like the bigger pushers to me and the wells aren't big enough to take anything bigger so...

I’ve said this before but if I were to ever list a watch anywhere it definitely would not be with AQ considering the better options out there. It’ll be a very interesting listing to follow regardless.

Those don't look like the bigger pushers to me and the wells aren't big enough to take anything bigger so...

Its also late in the run, 469, so there are many theories - some of which I hope to hear here.

Perhaps I am seeing things that aren't there... but from having handled a few in person and seen pictures of many more, I do not recall the logo to be as sloppy as this one appears to be when it comes to how the different colours of printing overlay one another.

See:
88858691-779F-4A84-97BD-195AA816F61A.jpeg

Perhaps it is minor. Then again, added to the dubious pusher size, the case back engraving, service end links and lack of EoA, I'd be extremely cautious.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it seems even worse below the A in the logo...

I must say ...among the many Apollo Soyuz that I have seen this by Antiquorum wins the first prize for the engraving on the case back. I’ve never seen an incision more beautiful than this...

My engraving is different...

So by my maths, HK$770,000 equates of 100k US$ or £75k

Plus the end links are new and not the vintage ones that they should be.
Edited:

Well, that out to help pull out the missing numbers from the list, if nothing else.

"Honey, don't you have a watch that looks like this? Do you still have it..?"