Forums Latest Members

Grey Dial 145.012 up for auction at Antiquorum, opinions?

1. dootcho Jul 13, 2018

Just noted this listing from the upcoming Antiquorum auction in Monaco and wondered whether other members spotted this piece and have any comments on the condition and estimate?

351.jpg

This is the only picture available from the website (i'm sure more could be obtained on request), but given my noob background i think there's already lots of analysis to be done here. (link to the lot https://catalog.antiquorum.swiss/en/lots/omega-ref-st-145012-speedmaster-lot-314-351?page=1)

First of all i don't know much about Grey dials, as i understand these were a small batch of dials never gone into mass production (dare i say prototype dials?), I have spotted a few in some IG posts from popular collectors, and the information available is not comprehensive, my question by looking at it are:

- Were these dials fitted to otherwise plain 145.012 models and hence is it safe to say that the watch above has (many) parts that may not be original to the factory specs? (DNN Bezel, Square end Chrono, hands looking like later replacements, bracelet and end links)?

- Price estimate: i understand Grey dials are kind of a big deal in the Speedy collecting world and given the current market craze for Omegas i wouldn't be surprised the final price was higher than this, however what makes the price for this watch? If my point above is correct and hence most of the parts are not original to the watch, will the final price be just the price of a grey Speedy dial?

Personal opinion on the dial, as it happened before with other seemingly rare Omegas, at first sight i thought that it looked tired and not attractive, but during the 30 mins that i spent writing these 3 lines i have slowly started to change my mind...

Thanks for your opinions.

2. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Jul 20, 2018

Did this sell? No price realised listed on the website. Love the dial

3. ICONO Jul 20, 2018

Intersting they give the year, as 1967

…And yet the movement number suggests January 1969 ??

Lazy description

They hands match mine in colour, but the lume on the dial seems exaggerated…and for a dial so scarred, lume is remarkably intact ?

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 20, 2018

That’s how these age. The dials seem more sensitive then the lume.

5. Ree Jul 20, 2018

Perhaps this one didn't sell. Because other lots have final price on the page, this and the 2998 didn't.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 8.56.39 AM.png

6. auxpomme Jul 20, 2018

I’d buy that for a dollar!