Forums Latest Members
  1. rob#1 Jul 26, 2019

Looks great on the black/black NATO - the one with metal keepers wouldn’t look as good. Gives it a really cool tool watch look :thumbsup:

2. Evitzee Jul 26, 2019

The Apollo 8 is now readily available from the e-Commerce Omega site (in the US at least)....so no need to do any searching at boutiques or ADs. Drop it in your basket, enter your payment method and in two days it's delivered to your front door and then on to your wrist. No need to even get out of your slippers.

kilofinal likes this.
  3. stevec14 Aug 6, 2019

Can you tell me if this is leather lined or not? The boutique came out with one that was lined with black leather but had the same fabric outside/keepers.

I assumed it was all fabric?

4. stevec14 Aug 6, 2019

I passed as the leather seemed quite stiff and the picture on the omega website shows a predominantly fabric strap. The boutique were convinced it was the right one however.

I did purchase the black with grey edges polyamide strap however. Basically the same as the yellow, but a different colour. Very comfortable material indeed.

ABE5255B-D520-4E60-A8CB-417E3F6E56D2.jpeg

cartel3341, Exarkun12 and Bushido like this.
  5. Bushido Aug 6, 2019

What a coincidence that you just picked up the black strap with grey trim. I'm actually going to mix that up with the all back one I have. It looks great so thanks for the pic!!

To answer you question: Yes, it does have a leather lining on the inside. It's a bit stiff brand new but softens very quickly. I've had the strap now for quite some time and it has become very supple.

6. stevec14 Aug 7, 2019

Thanks for letting me know. I may go and pick up in that case. The only thing that bothered me was when I would fold it into the keeper on the 12 o clock side, it would be leather showing when the rest of the strap was fabric. How do you get around that?

7. Exarkun12 Aug 7, 2019

Looks really nice on the nato with grey edges!

8. Wprodge Aug 16, 2019

This is one of my favorite watches. I love the NATO straps too but man they can get smelly.

9. Gprotein Aug 16, 2019

They do? How about the aftermarket rubber straps? Anyone has experience with those?

10. Wprodge Aug 16, 2019

I'm a sweaty guy so probably that's my problem. The rubber are easy to clean so no stink issue there. Nylon just holds the stink even after you wash.

11. omegaman Sep 1, 2019

Nice looking dial and movement... though I can't make friends with that orange. That gives it a cheaper look FMPOV.

12. Dogmann Sep 1, 2019

@omegaman

Sorry what orange? It's yellow and really there isn't that much of it and it's actually quite subtle but does add a splash of colour to liven things up a bit.

Marc

13. omegaman Sep 1, 2019

Okay... let's call it amber... still doesn't fit to that watch... like someone who is wearing yellow socks to a suit

14. Dogmann Sep 1, 2019

@omegaman

Seriously I think you are very obviously suffering from being colour blind as not one other person or reviewer has said it is anything but YELLOW as it quite clearly is and not close to be any other colour but YELLOW. Now whilst you may not like it and feel that it doesn't fit the watch that is purely your opinion. Now whilst of course you are free to have it and not like something it does seems quite a few others like myself that own or have reviewed it don't agree with you and your opinion go figure Huh!

Marc

15. Evitzee Sep 1, 2019

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts"...Daniel Moynihan, US politician. The color is not orange, it's not amber, it's nothing other than YELLOW. And that's a fact.

16. omegaman Sep 1, 2019

Calm down bros...

regardless whether it is rubber duck or citrus yellow... I PERSONALLY don't like it. All that matters is that you are happy with it. Have fun... and wear some yellow socks with it.

:D

LastGreekLetter likes this.
  17. stevec14 Sep 1, 2019

I had a great time wearing my rubber duck side of the moon today. No yellow socks unfortunately.....although my tie was the same amber colour as the hand/text :thumbsup:

A24B901C-A115-4B36-BC3F-0848B4D5AD13.jpeg

cartel3341 and Dogmann like this.
  18. snarkq Sep 1, 2019

wish my wrists were big enough for this!

19. Gprotein Sep 2, 2019

It actually doesn't wear big. It hugs to your wrist and its low profile.

henrikaa and Dogmann like this.
  20. henrikaa Sep 4, 2019

How does it compare, wear-wise, to a normal Speedmaster, since it is slightly larger in the case size?