Forums Latest Members

Anyone ever bought/used Alpha Caseback Tool for Speedmasters?

1. rl54 Apr 21, 2018

Thinking of buying the Alpha Caseback Tool for opening my speedmaster professional. Don't say take it to a jeweler....LOL....took it recently to 3 top (so called) notch jewelers.....none could open it with their little tools....
    but they had probably $10 Million in Rolex, Omega, Breitlings, 18k, 14k, etc watches & diamonds.....amazing I had the same tools.....would have done it myself if I could......case hasn't been open in probably 40+ years & is
    very tight.....none of these jewelers had more than adjustable hand wrench & vise...LOL......seen the Alpha Caseback tool on Lunar Oyster website....any help here would appreciate.

2. ewand Apr 21, 2018

3. hanky6 Apr 21, 2018

That tool is a copy of the tool that @Pahawi designed and still sells.
    Buy from him instead.
    There is a long thread about this here somewhere(I am a bit internet/computer challenged so cannot find it and link to it properly, sorry)

And @ewand was faster than me...

Pahawi and ewand like this.
  4. hanky6 Apr 21, 2018

@ewand is obviously better at this thing called internet and computers....

Pahawi, ConElPueblo and wsfarrell like this.
  5. rl54 Apr 21, 2018

ok...thanks to all.....I didn't find Pahawi's on my first google search for Speedmaster caseback removal tool.....looks good...
    probably get me one

hanky6 likes this.
  6. adi4 Apr 21, 2018

Just message him directly on here, very easy to get a hold of. Waiting on mine to be delivered any day now. :thumbsup:

Pahawi likes this.
  7. sxl2004 Apr 21, 2018

Maybe the Alpha tool is made out of paper clips?
    :D

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 21, 2018

Don't worry. We won't tell you to take it to a jeweller, because you need to take it to a watchmaker...