Anyone else having issues recently with the Longines extract from archives service?

I requested an extract from the archives exactly a month ago and have yet to receive any reply, despite chasing it up by email a week ago. The website gives a 1 - 2 week timeframe for information by email (or 2 - 3 weeks + shipping time for an extract), and in the past they have been very efficient. Just wondering if there is some problem currently.

No, they don't. When watch is origin the Extract is for free as always.

No, they don't. When watch is origin the Extract is for free as always.

Policy has recently changed. Longines is now charging chf120 for the physical extract.

Oh really, that so disappointing, it was such a generous service, a shame that it's had to change.

Like 1
This is a difference ;); I think the most people having interest in historical information including the most important infos (Reference, Date of sale and where it was sold) are satisfied with an Extract of Archives and that's still for free. If you send the watch to Longines for having a detailed Extract this may cost some bucks. Anyway great service....

I think the most people having interest in historical information including the most important infos (Reference, Date of sale and where it was sold) are satisfied with an Extract of Archives and that's still for free.
No it's not;

Like 3
You beat me to it. Now they will be all in English, expected delivery time 4 to 5 weeks. The Certificate of Authenticity 300 CHF.

Like 5
Policy has recently changed. Longines is now charging chf120 for the physical extract.

that’s a pretty hefty fee…

The fee reflects the increase in requests and the time needed to research and manage the process.

The COA was going to be free to anyone who orders the restoration service. (Verify with Longines).

That's too bad. Now it will only make sense to request archival information for particularly valuable watches.

Like 1
It a
that’s a pretty hefty fee…
AFAIK it’s similar to what Omega and Zenith were charging some years ago.

Like 1
So I got mine for free last week as always. So when did they change the terms?

No it's not;
So I got mine for free last week as always. So when did they change the terms?

I think people are mixing two things here. Having an email from Longines with information on your watch from the archives is still free. What is not is to have either a printed copy of the extract or a printed certificate.

It's clear to have a printed Extract now for cash. I still got my printed Extract for free as I told. But it's not clear to have still the information via E-Mail. I don't know if this service will be further available by Longines.

I think people are mixing two things here. Having an email from Longines with information on your watch from the archives is still free. What is not is to have either a printed copy of the extract or a printed certificate.

May we ask what is the source of this information?
Many thanks

In October, 2023, I visited the Longines factory and museum. It was soon after the fiasco at the Omega archives. I asked the Longines rep how that had impacted them. They told me they had reduced the number of people who would research and provide extracts. This was to increase controls. They also said they were going to start charging. So it is not a surprise to me to learn that some people are now being charged. If someone recently did not have to pay, then they are fortunate and are part of the transition to a new process, would be my conclusion.

@pdxleaf did they mention anything about emails still being avail for free?

@pdxleaf did they mention anything about emails still being avail for free?

Sorry, if they did, I don't recall. There are important details like this that need to be clarified with Longines. All I can offer is that they did say payment for some service related to the extract was coming this year. They also said that they would still be free for anyone who had Longines do a restoration service. Beyond that, I don't know.

Like 1