Forums Latest Members
  1. GandOsDad Jan 1, 2020

You read the title right....this isn’t a problem or complaint, just looking for opinions...

Background: I acquired my 74ST at the end of the summer from a very reputable member of the forum who said it was serviced within the past year. His word is 100%.

I love my Speedy but notice it is running about a minute fast each day from then until roughly two weeks ago, after it has been consistently +\- 10 seconds.... and I have done nothing different (including storing at different angles each night).

So my question is why? My only working theory is it wasn’t used much/at all prior to sale and it took this long for all the oils to work in properly but feel free to shoot that one down.

Again, just trying to learn more and this one is a real ::confused2::

2. Dan S Jan 1, 2020

I'm sorry to say that you are simply experiencing the well-known Temporary Accuracy Syndrome. Your watch will soon return to it's previous inaccurate condition. :(

:D

3. larryganz The cable guy Jan 1, 2020

Drop of oil or dirt on the hairspring made some coils stick together and run fast (acted like it was shorter) and then it came free and started to run okay.

ALinares and GandOsDad like this.
  4. GandOsDad Jan 1, 2020

https://tenor.com/uUV4.gif

5. c5driver Jan 2, 2020

Interesting post, as mine is quite noticeably off for a few days and then back to accurate. I'll be bringing it in to have it looked at.

6. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jan 2, 2020

It's also possible that the watch arrived with its hairspring in a magnetized condition, and the magnetization now has diminished.

GandOsDad, c5driver and tpatta like this.