Any red flags here?

I would only bother trying to help if you posted photos instead of a random link.

Don't know the model specifically, but there is some pretty significant wear and pitting to the gold plating.

Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 11.36.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 11.36.07 AM.png

Don't know the model specifically, but there is some pretty significant wear and pitting to the gold plating.

Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 11.36.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2024-08-18 at 11.36.07 AM.png
Much appreciated!

Big red flag for me personally is that its a gold cap Seiko, and they show all of the wear and tear.

Did you particularly want a GP, or this model, or just got itchy fingers?

I personally would put the $299 elsewhere.

Big red flag for me personally is that its a gold cap Seiko, and they show all of the wear and tear.

Did you particularly want a GP, or this model, or just got itchy fingers?

I personally would put the $299 elsewhere.
It checks almost all the boxes I’m looking for in a dress watch. White (or light color/linen/champagne) face, gold case, mechanical, at least 36mm, nice crystal. Ideally I’d like a date, but that’s not a deal breaker. Not married to any brand. I don’t own anything vintage yet, but I like the idea of a modest amount of patina. Any advice or recommendations?

It checks almost all the boxes I’m looking for in a dress watch. White (or light color/linen/champagne) face, gold case, mechanical, at least 36mm, nice crystal. Ideally I’d like a date, but that’s not a deal breaker. Not married to any brand. I don’t own anything vintage yet, but I like the idea of a modest amount of patina. Any advice or recommendations?

Can I clarify what you mean by a "dress watch"?

Do you mean to wear with a dinner suit/tuxedo? Or with a suit? Or do you just mean something simple and time/date only?

It's worth stating that gold plate, isn't gold - its brass or steel, or an alloy, with a thin layer of gold plating over the top - for me, and many others, plated watches are avoided like the plague.

Also worth noting that vintage Seikos tend to be worth less than the cost of a service (not always, but often), so people don't service them. So you could be buying a watch for $299 that doesn't work all that well and will need more than $299 spent on servicing it... assuming a watchmaker could get the parts.

As @X350 XJR wisely suggests, go read the "learn how to fish" post before putting your hand in your wallet.

Good luck.

Looks worn to me. I have an SS LM which I bought for a similar price.(note the one I bought was in dire need of servicing, would have been costlier if not)

SGP is not a gold cap. Gold cap Seiko is fine, though I don't have any.

Enough red flags to resemble an old Soviet May Day parade…… plated case sowing sign of wear, a model that’s value is most likely less than the cost of it’s service

What is your budget? Are you looking for Seiko in particular? There are some nice early 1950's-early 60's vintage hand winding Seikos that are under the radar- nice but probably not great as daily wearer. Here are 2 examples ($200-250)
F3411CBD-0567-483A-829D-4DFE1FFA32F3.jpeg IMG_2308.jpeg

Better for everyday is Seikomatic line cal 6218 from mid 60s automatic I love this line and there are gold cap cases (300-450)

IMG_0618.jpegAnd dressier option Seiko Crown or better yet Crown Special (I sold this one for 500 recently has features in common with GS)

IMG_0182.jpeg IMG_0185.jpeg

So these are some of many options in Seiko- I like the Seikomatic in particular but watch should speak to you.

Of course many great options in Omega, Deville line etc for step up in price for good one. Follow the Recommended eBay vintage listings thread you will see a good variety of Omega
Good luck take your time find something you like then research it and find nice one. Ask questions.