Any love for the smaller divers?

Posts
4
Likes
7
I’m curious to see who out there is enjoying divers of the smaller variety…

In a fit of blind rage after missing out on a beautiful Cortebert Subaqua 200, I immediately went hunting for something new to fill the skin diver-shaped hole in my heart.

I found a very good looking EPSA-cased compressor and bought it instantly to assuage my rage and disappointment… only to realise after the fact that it clocks in below 34mm! 🤦

It’s a beautiful watch so I’ll keep it, but that made me curious. Is there any love out there for the smaller divers? Pictures very much welcome! 😀

Great to join you all on this fantastic forum!
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
Pictures very much welcome! 😀

Show me yours and I will show you mine!😲 No, you first. No, you……..

Welcome in.
 
Posts
804
Likes
1,474
Absolutely. Not only do I have this 37mm vintage Camy, but I'm anxiously awaiting Benrus's re-release of their 36mm Ultra-Deep.

 
Posts
9,253
Likes
77,065
…… and I have a 37mm Seiko SKX013, which is generally regarded to be on the small size for a diver …

 
Posts
8,248
Likes
29,147
I owned one of those Cortebert once. A very nice diver...

CortSA61.jpg
 
Posts
13,522
Likes
23,461
I’d say the king of the smaller Omega divers is the SM120 at 37mm

 
Posts
8,822
Likes
62,492
33-38mm
And the only mechanical one I would get wet is the Mido, the next would be the Zodiac Quartz reissue

the Waltham(Bathescape clone)at 33-34mm wears beautifully.
 
Posts
51
Likes
313
38 - 40mm with PROPER bezel grip, and use of the entire dial area for a diver dial with lume indices and thick seconds and min hands and a short and narrower hr hand is just fine. People just want bigger and busy dials and for that size is an easy design cheat. In my opinion.
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Mrs. Jones' Titanium/Liquid Metal P.O. comes in at 37.5mm and works just fine for me. I usually pack it for the both of us when we go on vacation.

 
Posts
8,248
Likes
29,147
Call me old-fashioned, but within the context of this thread, nothing >36mm should be considered "smaller". 😉
 
Posts
9,253
Likes
77,065
I’m enjoying this thread and was inspired to dig out my SKX013 with a view to wearing it.

It’s currently on the metal bracelet but not only is the actual watch very deep but blimey, the whole set is very (alright, comparatively) heavy.

If I was actually contemplating diving, I wouldn’t need lead soled boots to get to the sea bed!
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Call me old-fashioned, but within the context of this thread, nothing >36mm should be considered "smaller". 😉

Permission to mentally erase my post granted 😁
 
Posts
7,088
Likes
56,888
I’m enjoying this thread and was inspired to dig out my SKX013 with a view to wearing it.

It’s currently on the metal bracelet but not only is the actual watch very deep but blimey, the whole set is very (alright, comparatively) heavy.

If I was actually contemplating diving, I wouldn’t need lead soled boots to get to the sea bed!

Wear it!

Wear it!

Wear it!