Forums Latest Members
  1. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Feb 17, 2021

Starting March 17, 2021, eBay will no longer offer sellers the option to change their invoiced currency to non-US currency on their eBay invoices. If you are currently receiving eBay invoices in a currency other than US dollars, you will continue to receive your invoices in your selected currency. Beginning March 17, you will only be able to change your non-US currency to US dollars. We are making this change to create a streamlined user experience for seller disbursements and charges when you join managed payments.

Most US sellers are already billed in US dollars. The change will affect a small percentage of sellers who currently use foreign currencies on their eBay invoices.

Thank you for selling on eBay,
    Your Selling Team

2. 140dave Mar 18, 2021

No need for another thread but thought I would add to this.
    When eBay recently ditched paypal and decided to do all payments themselves (USA beginning in Feb of this year) I said I wasnt going to sell on ebay anymore. That lasted about 6 weeks before I broke down and registered w/the new info needed. I really didnt want yet another group w/access to my bank account but got that eBay itch again as I go to sell some sports memorabilia.

Now that I have done a few sales I now know there is also one other BIG difference. With paypal you had access to the funds before you shipped the item, pretty much as soon as the order was placed. The new eBay system is they hold your money until 24hrs AFTER the item has been delivered. Here it is from The Bay:

Based on your shipping method and the shipping information you provide, here's when your funds should be available

• Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered, if you pay for shipping and print labels on eBay.
    • Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered, if you ship directly using USPS, UPS or FedEx and manually enter your tracking information to My eBay.
    • Seven days after your latest estimated delivery date, if you don't upload tracking information but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay.
    • 21 days after the buyer pays, if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated. In such cases, we may use buyer feedback as a delivery confirmation along with other factors.
    Ugh..... cant say I like the new system but until one of you builds a better mousetrap (please?!?) its still the best marketplace in town. :(

3. Dan S Mar 18, 2021

I've made one watch sale under the new system (it also involved authentication BTW). The total fees were substantially lower than in the past, but it was about a week before the funds showed up in my account.

140dave likes this.
  4. 140dave Mar 18, 2021

Just to add, for international there are feedback implications as well. If you buy something, and a seller contacts you requesting feedback, it is very likely that the payment is being held and your feedback will help release the funds.

And yes, seems to be a little over .5% better payout. Not a lot but I'lll take it. (All under $2k transactions so far, might be more savings at higher $ amts)

5. Dan S Mar 18, 2021

Mine was a $6k sale and I saved about $330 in fees ($450 instead of $780). A very substantial difference. And yes, the savings are very minimal for the first $1k, but basically cut in half after that.

140dave and JimJupiter like this.