Forums Latest Members

looking for this Enicar from eBay

1. Geme81 Mar 23, 2023

Hi OF!!
    I'm a fan of Enicar Brand since I was very young because my grandfader was dressing one that he passed to me.
    I told this story in a my previous thread since the thieves stole to me some wathces including a couple of speedmaster...
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedmaster-145022-74-stolen-yesterday-in-italy.125850/

Anyway, I'm still sad but I found an interesting eBay insertion.. What do you think bout it?
    https://www.ebay.it/itm/204278672313Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

upload_2023-3-23_22-4-50.png

upload_2023-3-23_22-5-19.png

upload_2023-3-23_22-5-43.png

I love this Sherpa Giude, but please since your falcon eyes are incredible to check originality, issues and eventually frankenstain, please let me have your opinionif it could be agood deal!
    Thank you in advance

Elio (Geme)

2. Dan S Mar 23, 2023

Geme81 likes this.
  3. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 23, 2023

Your call. Be careful with watches from Indonesia. Very high Humidity and looking at the Mickey mouse rubber "seal" for the back on this one here and see the visible damage to the movement, you might need a to replace parts because of rust you can not see now. Every watch to I bought from Indo over the last 30 years, was worse to fix than expected. Unless you have access to rare Enicar parts, factor that in....

Geme81 and Spruce like this.
  4. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Mar 24, 2023

@watchyouwant is absolutely right about parts availability and for that reason alone (there are others) you’re better off buying the best available rather than having to accumulate donor movements, and other parts, the cost of which will far exceed the value of the watch.

Geme81 and watchyouwant like this.
  5. sheepdoll Mar 24, 2023

Looks like they want 500$ more than the watch is worth in that condition.

I have been sitting on an Enicar case and dial for decades. The dial does not fit in the case. Did just get a ladies three hander. Took a pass this week on a calendar date sherpa. Was in a gilt colored case and I like SS. Other projects have priority.

Problem is this watch is going to take over 1K to service it. Or the equivalent in personal (Hobby) time. Always interesting to look at such things, especially when it is late at night and one is tired and punchy. I guess it is time to dream of rusted watches.

Geme81 and Spruce like this.
  6. JimJupiter Mar 24, 2023

I have seen worse, but its allways a risk to buy these watches form humid (tropic) countries. Though these watches were absoultely waterproof when sold, most of them didn't got proper services. So allmost all movement I got from this region had problems. If you are in for projects, this can be ok, since donor parts are available (except the rare GMT parts).

Bracelet looks tired, but at least it has one. Parts wise its all there, waffleless crowns can be correcrt for 1969 watches. So up to you ;)

BTW I started collecting Enicars with a pair of tired Indonesian Guides :D Lead me into a rabbit whole ever since :D

Nico

sheepdoll, Geme81 and watchyouwant like this.
  7. Geme81 Mar 24, 2023

Thank you all for the useful feedbacks you gave me.
    Yes, I understand that there might be many concerns in restoring a watch like this one. I was a bit doubtful and now, according to your experience, my doubts are too many.
    Thank you again!!

Spruce likes this.