Forums Latest Members

An ownership review of the Omega Globemaster, or “The Idiot Button”

1. StephenRL May 4, 2021

Here is more GM pron!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hvu1989, Ron_W, Jerseyhammer and 7 others like this.
  2. Frank-san Aug 4, 2021

Such an amazing timepiece. I also stroll around that one from time to time.
    Wonderful watch, also with the white dial.
    Look good on many bracelets.
    Congratulations!

3. Duquephart Aug 27, 2021

When I ordered the strap/clasp combo to go with my Globemaster on bracelet (as per your advice) the clasp was the same # but the strap was CUZ007465, which is what I came up with on the Omega site. I also ordered the correct springbars as they differ from the bracelet springbars. The strap does not fit the same as the one that comes on the watch. It's a "straight across" fit which does not conform as well to the case and hence leaves a more noticable gap which bothers me not at all. So ----- others taking your advice need to be aware that the aftermarket strap available is not the actual strap that comes with the starp version. Unless I'm missing something of course. The aftermarket strap is also not tan/calf on the inside ---- blue all around. Excellent thread and review by the way and much appreciated!

Longbow likes this.
  4. Shaun_UK Aug 27, 2021

This is a brilliant review. If I hadn't already bought one then this woukd have convinced me !

Longbow likes this.
  5. Butik Nov 11, 2021

Had the blue Globey before, then nothing, but this model was at the back of my had anyway, so got myself the white version now :)

This is very NOT photogenic watch, perspective changes 180 degrees in real life. I have tried to show different colours at different light strengths & angles on below video, but still it's probably 25% of reality.

Hvu1989 and Ron_W like this.
  6. jrmjrm Nov 14, 2021

White dial version looks incredible!

7. Butik Nov 14, 2021

Here same watch, this time on original OMEGA grey strap designated for this watch, in cloudy weather conditions.

hen and Skv like this.
  8. cappyab Dec 22, 2021

This thread was of great value when I was researching the Globemaster. I finally got one with the leather strap and am quite pleased with it. However, I soon swapped out the alligator strap for a more casual, gray worsted wool herringbone and leather strap from StrapBandits ($50), along with a generic deployant (because why not).

94921369-F0A5-42F1-A285-EBB2FBB97D32.jpeg 8D8E5292-83F4-4A65-8F93-B19AD2AF603C.jpeg
  9. Skv Dec 29, 2021

My strap has CUZ003351 on the inside. It is the dark grey one. Maybe the CUZ-codes are batch numbers rather than strap ID's?
    I actually bought my strap from @Butik on CH24 who posted a video a few posts before.

10. gmmy775 Apr 2, 2022

It would seem that this is one of the most popular reviews I have read on OF, and for good reason. The images of the disassembled components are illuminating. I have never seen the back of a pie-pan dial before and I now have a much greater sense of the dimensionality. Looks like it may have presented manufacturing challenges. This may become a modern icon, and certainly is going to tempt me. Once I have secured a vintage pie-pan Connie that is. Thanx for all the effort you put into this review

Longbow likes this.
  11. Shaun_UK Apr 2, 2022

I'm still on the look out for a bracelet if anyone is looking to move one on? :)

12. hen Apr 3, 2022

Great review, I allways liked the Globemaster, after reading this I want it! You work for Omega marketing dont you! ;)

I tried to find a good review of the Mk 40, have you done one on yours? If not pretty please with sugar on top, could you do one?

Longbow likes this.
  13. Longbow Apr 3, 2022

Thanks for the kind words.

I don’t work for Omega; I’m an aerospace R&D guy. If you have ever flown long haul in the last 20 years you have probably encountered, unknowingly, tech that I helped to develop.

Ah, the Mk40 or Triple-Date; that was actually my first Omega and no I never did a review on it. What do you want to know about it? Maybe you should start a new thread and invite members to contribute their experiences.

hen likes this.
  14. hen Apr 3, 2022

i know the specs and I like the looks, but what I want to know are the little but important things that you had in your review of the Globemaster. Like the idiot button, percived size vs actual size, weight and shape of the links, sharpness of the links, feeling of the bracelet, color changes of the dial, dress vs sports and much more. Infact it is one of the best watch review I have read. It had all the specs, and the little details and a personal input that just a watch lover owning the watch 18 monts can give.
    I think many OF members would like to read a Mk40 review from you, regardless of their interest in the watch.
    I will start a tread on the Mk40, if you dont have the time to do a review, just have to read tru all the comments to your reviews first. BTW is the cristal on the LE Railmaster saphire or hesalite?

15. Ron_W Apr 3, 2022

Thanks for trying anyway, and a good review as well. Not my prefeerred design style with a coin edge bezel but it`s a really good watch.

16. Longbow Apr 11, 2022

It’s domed sapphire.
    54D11B89-D0EA-4BA5-94F1-725E34813E04.jpeg

Commisar and M'Bob like this.
  17. Commisar Aug 24, 2022

Excellent review. The shark mesh looks great on it, as did the leather straps. Fabric ones looked good too.

I personally think the two tone Globemaster is the hidden gem in the Globemaster lineup.

18. t268 Oct 10, 2022

Really enjoyable read and lovely pics. Always been curious about the GM and this was awesome. Thanks again,

19. Ticker5 Jan 26, 2023

Wonderful and educational post, thanks. Now I’ve a third Omega to consider I hadn’t expected. Schones wochenende!

20. crd Jan 28, 2023

munichblue and Hvu1989 like this.