Forums Latest Members

An ownership review of the Omega Globemaster, or “The Idiot Button”

1. SuperHero Feb 19, 2018

What a great post! Thanks for all the time and effort put into making it. I really like this watch? The blue dial is simply gorgeous and love the pie-pan look, very vintage Omega.

mikekchc and Longbow like this.
  2. RLF13430 Feb 21, 2018

An incredibly well written post. I for one wear my GM as my daily “go to” watch and now know more about it than ever before. Thank you! Have you considered writing a book on Constellations? Your post here would be a great start. Again, thank you.

Longbow likes this.
  3. Huus Mar 31, 2018

Regardless you stating you're not a writer or journalist you have delivered an excellent post. With the description and pictures combined you made a very easy to read observation of one of Omega's finest watches in the current line up. Thank you.:thumbsup:

Longbow likes this.
  4. rob#1 Mar 31, 2018

Thanks for bumping this review - I love the Idiot Button story, reminds me of crawling around with a magnet & torch.
    Beautiful watch - though being the ‘Globe’master it would be great if it was a GMT...

Longbow likes this.
  5. bloomy Apr 1, 2018

Appreciate the bump, excellent pictures!

Longbow likes this.
  6. ekel Apr 1, 2018

Would spring for a no-date stainless steel one.

Longbow likes this.
  7. chickenman26 Jul 10, 2018

Agreed, we need to understand what the METAS certification means, and I didn't. Aside from the movement being virtually immune to the effects of magnetism, I felt the fact that each movement was subjected to such rigorous testing with results available online gave some sort of assurance that the movement was accurate to within the stated specs of 0 to +5 - a factor in my purchase decision as important as appearance - and was likely to remain that way for a good while. But after a year of ownership and continuous wear, I discovered the truth in the saying that quality cannot be inspected into a product. It has to be built in. Secaucus repaired the movement after finding low amplitude. I still love this watch and wear it daily, but I no longer have unrealistic expectations about the benefits of METAS testing

Longbow likes this.
  8. Draven Jul 10, 2018

Excellent read, many thanks, I just discovered the thread :thumbsup:

I had seen the GM up close recently and was really impressed, so delighted to read the great review. I would have thought it was a lot dressier than a sports watch.

Longbow likes this.
  9. GMT_Bezel Jul 17, 2018

Man that watch has some great lume

Longbow likes this.
  10. many Jul 24, 2018

I've been debating if I want the white dial or the blue dial. I have to say the blue dial looks fantastic.

Longbow likes this.
  11. NDT III Aug 3, 2018

Agreed, the blue dial looks fantastic on the steel band but on the black leather strap.....
    Mesmerizing.

Longbow likes this.
  12. Gogarty Sep 11, 2018

Hello,

I've been looking at this Globemaster for a LONG LONG time and I finally pulled the trigger ! The birth of my baby girl was the excuse I was looking for :)
    This is my first "luxury watch" and I already love it .

I'de like to thank LONGBOW for this incredible post, that made me certain the Globemaster (blue dial + leather strap) was the watch I was looking for : gorgeous, suttle, not so commun, comfortable, and with a fist full of heritage. And not what we call in french "bling bling" ( = too shiny, too attention catcher).

And thank you for the idea of the swim lanes Nato strap : I actually found one in a Omega Nato pop up store in Paris and bought it. Without this post, I would never have think of it.

One more detail, the packaging (box and everything) is fantastic.

20180911_134758.jpg

Darlinboy and Longbow like this.
  13. Gogarty Sep 11, 2018

I got a question concerning the back of the watch : what is this little pictogram on the case, just beside the screw witch is near the "C" of "Constellation" ?

20180911_162958.jpg

Darlinboy likes this.
  14. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 11, 2018

Darlinboy likes this.
  15. Gogarty Sep 11, 2018

16. Greatpa Sep 11, 2018

Well, as English is not my native language, I sure did not understand what this document was all about... Did a joke fly by me? :rolleyes:

17. llvhhui Sep 11, 2018

Kick ass review!

Longbow likes this.
  18. Greatpa Sep 11, 2018

5 minutes on Google of course gave me the answer... ::facepalm1::

19. kaisiang098 Sep 11, 2018

Fantastic Review! Really detailed and informative!:thumbsup:
    it is giving me the urge to march into an Omega boutique and try one on!

Longbow likes this.
  20. Gogarty Sep 15, 2018

Hello,

I got a question regarding the manual winding of the Globemaster : can you damage the mouvement if you wind it manually while the mouvement is fully charged ? Does it have a safety feature to prevent it ?

I find it hard to manually wind my Globemaster but I though it was because it was already fully charged... Am I right ? I don't want to damage the mouvement obviously.