Advice on purchasing Omega Seamaster?

Found at local watch shop for 850$. As someone that knows little about vintage omegas is this real and worth that? much? IMG_3104.PNG IMG_3105.PNG

Not a Speedmaster (as in the thread title), but looks ok at first glance. Gold-capped Seamaster. The price isn't crazy, especially for a retail store. Is there any service history and/or warranty?

Not a Speedmaster (as in the thread title), but looks ok at first glance. Gold-capped Seamaster. The price isn't crazy, especially for a retail store. Is there any service history and/or warranty?
Apologies, seamaster*
He received the watch during a trade in and has promised a service and year warranty following purchase.

With a legitimate service and year warranty, the price seems quite fair to me. Zooming in, I am seeing some spots on the dial, so the condition isn't excellent. But it can be easy to exaggerate small defects when looking at photos, and you experienced the watch in-person, so you have a better sense of how it appears on the wrist.

Did you happen to take any other photos, e.g. from other angles and/or the inside of the case-back? I don't suspect any particular issue, but with the information inside the case-back, one can double-check that things line up properly.

With a legitimate service and year warranty, the price seems quite fair to me. Zooming in, I am seeing some spots on the dial, so the condition isn't excellent. But it can be easy to exaggerate small defects when looking at photos, and you experienced the watch in-person, so you have a better sense of how it appears on the wrist.

Did you happen to take any other photos, e.g. from other angles and/or the inside of the case-back? I don't suspect any particular issue, but with the information inside the case-back, one can double-check that things line up properly.
Unfortunately I did not, could information on the case-back solidify authenticity?

Unfortunately I did not, could information on the case-back solidify authenticity?

Inside the case-back is the reference number, which is the identifier of the watch. It would allow you to search for other examples more easily, check other prices, and help you confirm that the various parts of the watch are original. For example, sometimes a movement is transplanted from one watch to another, and if you knew the reference number, you could doublecheck that it was supposed to have a cal 752, as shown in your photo. I think, but I'm not sure, that the OP watch might be a reference 166.032. If you search Omega 166.032, you will probably find many similar watches, but keep in mind that there will be a number of dial/hand-set variation for a given reference. The cases will always have the same shape, although some may be made of different materials.

But these are just things that wonky collectors do, I don't have any particular concerns from what I am seeing and it's likely that everything is just fine with that watch.