Forums Latest Members
  1. Commisar Aug 4, 2020

All,

It's time to start narrowing down my first mechanical Omega purchase. I already have a lovely f300hz Omega Constellation Chronometer from the early 1970s (sadly stuck in Thailand after it's repair).

Now I'm wanting to start my mechanical collection.

I've narrowed it down to:

Speedmaster Mk2 Chronometer (Racing dial)

Seamaster Pro 300m (black dial)

Globemaster Constellation with the yellow gold bezel and steel case

Thoughts?

I'll hopefully get to see all three in person at my local Omega boutique this Saturday.

2. Dan S Aug 4, 2020

Photos will help us think, but it seems like these choices are all over the place. They are so different, it’s hard to imagine that you don’t have you own preferences. How can we tell you whether to buy a dress watch vs a diver vs a chronograph. They are completely different and you need all three.

Edited Aug 4, 2020
    Commisar likes this.
  3. Stripey Aug 4, 2020

From the new collection? Speedmaster Mark II every time. But this is entirely subjective. Which do you like, and why?

Commisar likes this.
  4. Donn Chambers Aug 4, 2020

You’d get a lot more answers about the new watches you list if you posted this in the main forum and not the vintage forum.

Commisar likes this.
  5. Commisar Aug 4, 2020

Ahaha very true, that's what the boutique visit should help me with. As it stands I don't own a single automatic chronograph. I do have my Omega dress watch and a few divers, so the SHOULD point me towards the Speedmaster Mk2..... However, I like all three.

6. Commisar Aug 4, 2020

Oh darn.... Didn't see that