Forums Latest Members
  1. Nepomuceño Aug 30, 2019

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums and I was hoping to get some help in purchasing a vintage Omega. I recently graduated from college and I was looking to buy a watch for my impending adulthood lifestyle. I was really interested in Omegas as my dad has a Constellation from the 1960s and the design of Omegas are sublime. I guess my biggest question is what models should I consider?

I would prefer an automatic movement as well.

My budget is only around a grand (as I am a recent student) but I would really appreciate any advice!

2. seekingseaquest Aug 31, 2019

Many options for under a grand, particularly in the Seamaster line. You may be able to find a dome dial Constellation for under a grand as well if you’re patient.

Have you seen models you like? If not, scroll through here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/wruw-today.567/

Personally I’m partial to 50s Seamasters and 50s/60s Constellations so would recommend looking at those, but I’m not you..

DaveK, Benbradstock and Nepomuceño like this.
  3. Walrus Aug 31, 2019

You have a decent range of options for 1,000. Have you looked around to get an idea of what strikes your fancy? You could get a nice Connie are a lot of others, take a look through the for sale section here to get some ideas, and this is coming from someone who has nothing in the for sale section but I’ve seen a number of nice items in your price range

DaveK and Nepomuceño like this.
  4. Nepomuceño Aug 31, 2019

I do really like the look of the older Seamasters as well as Constellations. I think I might be leaning more towards Seamasters at this point...

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 31, 2019

DaveK and Nepomuceño like this.
  6. Nepomuceño Aug 31, 2019

7. Walrus Aug 31, 2019

Not sure of the price but if it was just serviced that will save you a couple hundred. Looks nice and clean. Price is probably good I just never bought one but it looks in great shape.

Nepomuceño likes this.
  8. Benbradstock Sep 1, 2019

Looks like a solid example and fair deal, especially considering the service. If you’re interested in a gold cap watch (vs. stainless or solid gold), this could be a good one. Sounds like you’re still learning, so I would recommend hanging around these forums for a period of months, learning how to fish and getting a better feel for what you like before pulling the trigger. Otherwise there’s a higher risk of buyer’s remorse a few months after the purchase.

DaveK likes this.
  9. Edward53 Sep 2, 2019

The crown is a later replacement.