adjusting my seamaster 30

Posts
140
Likes
37
Good morning members hope everyone doing well, I’m working on adjusting (timing ) my seamaster 30 , ref 135.007-64, it took me about a week the get it to minus 15 seconds on 12 hours time , how much better can I do, this just drove me crazy lol, as I’m still learning and trying , hopefully this watch is all original legit, I know the crown is not , no omega symbol on it , was searching for some tutorials for how to navigate the settings on the balance cock, any advise or links would be appreciated and helpful as I have two or three more watches to attempt , thank you in advance good day , kazd
 
Posts
2,635
Likes
2,810
24s/day is worse than a 286 should be capable of. But I'm guessing this is a 'not serviced in a long time' type watch with a pretty ugly time grapher result. IF you want better than that you should get it serviced.

That said, there is SOMETHING wrong with your hairspring in that photo. I'm guessing it is either magnetized or dirty, but that hairspring is not sitting correctly.
 
Posts
15,951
Likes
47,911
24s/day is worse than a 286 should be capable of. But I'm guessing this is a 'not serviced in a long time' type watch with a pretty ugly time grapher result. IF you want better than that you should get it serviced.

That said, there is SOMETHING wrong with your hairspring in that photo. I'm guessing it is either magnetized or dirty, but that hairspring is not sitting correctly.
A good eye from @ErichKeane ! That hairspring is badly distorted, to the extent it is remarkable that the watch runs. It could be that the hairspring is gripped by the curb pins on the regulator. The pointer on the regulator is way too far over to the slow side. I’d suggest you are wasting your time trying to improve the rate, and have the movement serviced by a highly recommended watchmaker who can meet your requirements.
 
Posts
140
Likes
37
24s/day is worse than a 286 should be capable of. But I'm guessing this is a 'not serviced in a long time' type watch with a pretty ugly time grapher result. IF you want better than that you should get it serviced.

That said, there is SOMETHING wrong with your hairspring in that photo. I'm guessing it is either magnetized or dirty, but that hairspring is not sitting correctly.
thank you for pointing this out to me , I’ll take a closer look at the hairspring , and don’t know the service history on this one , probably maybe wasn’t serviced in very long time , it is in my collection for more then 20 years i never used it , I know the 286 , is a superb movement , I have spare movement so no worries about parts for this one , thank you for your reply ,good day , kazd
 
Posts
140
Likes
37
A good eye from @ErichKeane ! That hairspring is badly distorted, to the extent it is remarkable that the watch runs. It could be that the hairspring is gripped by the curb pins on the regulator. The pointer on the regulator is way too far over to the slow side. I’d suggest you are wasting your time trying to improve the rate, and have the movement serviced by a highly recommended watchmaker who can meet your requirements.
Thank you tor your observation and suggestion much appreciated, thank you have to find a reputable watchmaker that knows vintage omegas as now I realize that some of my collection should go though service , good day ,kazd
 
Posts
3,621
Likes
7,882
Thank you tor your observation and suggestion much appreciated, thank you have to find a reputable watchmaker that knows vintage omegas as now I realize that some of my collection should go though service , good day ,kazd
if you share your location members my have suggestions for watchmaker
 
Posts
140
Likes
37
if you share your location members my have suggestions for watchmaker
Thank you, that’s good suggestion , I’ll go through the rest of the collection to see what else needs attention, possibly I may find the correct movement serial# for the Franken ed white I have as I have 10 of them possibly one maybe the right one from seamaster I have, the rest of the parts not sure how much this could cost have to have an idea on a necessary budget for all this , so probably end of the week I’ll try to gather more pics and info for you experts asses ghost I’m really in for , thank again you guys are awesome , good day , kazd
 
Posts
140
Likes
37
A good eye from @ErichKeane ! That hairspring is badly distorted, to the extent it is remarkable that the watch runs. It could be that the hairspring is gripped by the curb pins on the regulator. The pointer on the regulator is way too far over to the slow side. I’d suggest you are wasting your time trying to improve the rate, and have the movement serviced by a highly recommended watchmaker who can meet your requirements.
Thank you guys for your superb observation and suggestions one of the members mentioned magnetism so I run it through demagnetizer twice and it looks like is running perfect , will see tomorrow , thank you , kazd
 
Posts
2,635
Likes
2,810
Look at the hairspring after de-mag and you'll see if it is centered better/not sticking. That said, with everything you're messing iwth, get a cheap timegrapher it'll help a lot. They are ~$120.
 
Posts
140
Likes
37
Look at the hairspring after de-mag and you'll see if it is centered better/not sticking. That said, with everything you're messing iwth, get a cheap timegrapher it'll help a lot. They are ~$120.
Good morning , the seamaster 30,, plus 3 seconds on 12 hours , hairspring looks ok to me I’ll try to take closeup pics later evening , hopefully I can take decent pics still maneuvering with my old phone haha, good day , kazd