A wild seashell appears on eBay.

It looks like it has, what appears to be, a bit of lacquer damage. Looking through the listing pics, it looks to be present in all of the dial photos.

IMG_1502.jpeg IMG_1503.jpeg
IMG_1505.jpeg IMG_1504.jpeg

Like 2
I noticed that too. Along with the lume degradation on the hands. Does that look like water damage? I do not see any corrosion or oxidation. To my eye anyway.

Hands if available can be replaced, but damage can't along with that scratch at 6:00. I would be staring at that each time I wore it.

I would buy it at $150 and refinish the dial.

Also no movement image

Like 1
This had to be a dagger in the heart of the original owner :(

upload_2024-2-16_22-20-49.png

Like 4
The crown looks too large to me and, IMHO, is a wrongly sized replacement.

Given the condition issues already mentioned, the absence of any movement shot and the current price and apparent condition, it’s an easy leave for me.

Like 2
The 12'o clock glue spot is the game ender for me lol

Like 2
The 12'o clock glue spot is the game ender for me lol
You mean on the indice itself or where the original lume plot likely was?

The dial is too far gone for me. Unfortunate.

Lacquer issues on a vintage Omega?! Say it ain't so! :rolleyes:

Like 1
The dial is too far gone for me. Unfortunate.
Im glad our acceptability tolerance has a large delta because I am all over this thing. haha. I am perfectly ok with some minor visual issues.

Like 1
If you want an uncommon variety, the option is often to wait for an age or compromise on condition. I’ve don’t it many time. Then when a better example finally comes along you can always upgrade.

Like 2
Makes sense to me. I have been keeping on eye out for these over the last 7-8 months and this is maybe the second I've seen pop up. Ill chase this one and see what happens. Ill be happy to own it until a NOS example pops. Then I can fight you lot for it ;)

Im glad our acceptability tolerance has a large delta because I am all over this thing. haha. I am perfectly ok with some minor visual issues.

That’s pretty much my approach. I buy to wear but hope it’s worth what I pay.

The real problem arises when you own too many watches, some of them impulse buys, and then realise that if you hadn’t spent your $$$ on second rate models, you could have actually afforded the lalapalooza you now covet! ;)

Like 4
That’s pretty much my approach. I buy to wear but hope it’s worth what I pay.

The real problem arises when you own too many watches, some of them impulse buys, and then realise that if you hadn’t spent your $$$ on second rate models, you could have actually afforded the lalapalooza you now covet! ;)

Haha this is also true and why I try to keep my collection at a reasonable level by churning a couple of times a year. There’s nothing like missing the prince(ss) because you bought too many frogs!

Like 1
"COLLECTORS DREAM", more like the sellers wet dream. No real collector would give this one a second look.

Like 2