A very distinctive UG design from the 1930's: deco square

Posts
967
Likes
2,354
Realise that I probably should have posted this in here by now.


Now with a spare movement - cal 246. This seems to be the only movement where they seem to have removed the second hand pinion selectively - examples exist with both no seconds and sub-seconds.
 
Posts
4,014
Likes
45,104
Realise that I probably should have posted this in here by now.


Now with a spare movement - cal 246. This seems to be the only movement where they seem to have removed the second hand pinion selectively - examples exist with both no seconds and sub-seconds.
Actually, I should have done it too (post it here)
Ref 6484

 
Posts
6,832
Likes
10,654
Too bad no caseback pics. And I can only see the 1st pic on this site.
 
Posts
967
Likes
2,354
Very nice. Is Impero a translation of or some kind of approximation to Colonial do you think?
 
Posts
6,832
Likes
10,654
Interesting question. Probably yes
 
Posts
967
Likes
2,354
It's a bit unnecessary given the advertising for, presumably, the Italian market called it the bloody Colonial.

werbung-colonial-php-jpg.552288

Of course there is also the additional question of whether it is actually a Colonial...
Do we know what the case reference is - I believe someone on here has one of those?