Forums Latest Members

A positive case for the new Tudor BBGMT

1. blubarb Jul 4, 2018

Just about fell off the chair when I saw the asking prices on eBay :eek: - I suppose they can try. My limited prediction is that like the BB Bronze, the BBGMT will be all over the internet for sale in about 12 months, but I could just as easily be wrong - depends on how Tudor will play the game I suspect. :whistling:

irate.alien, Uniqez and Davidt like this.
  2. SuperHero Jul 4, 2018

Thanks for sharing and I appreciate the oberservations but the best part is that it sounds like you love the watch. What a great feeling! Enjoy.

blubarb likes this.
  3. Ashman Jul 5, 2018

Glad to hear you are loving this watch! I too realy like the styling of these newer Tudor watches. Personally, I can't decide between going for this GMT or the Black Bay Chrono. This post and your pictures have me swaying towards the GMT now :)

blubarb likes this.
  4. blubarb Jul 5, 2018

:thumbsup:

5. dwboston Jul 6, 2018

Thanks for the nice write-up and review. I like this watch a lot - hopefully they aren't too difficult to come by in the US this fall.

6. sog00d Jul 6, 2018

+1 on the Pepsi bezel. I love that it is saturated as well.

7. sog00d Jul 6, 2018

You should be able to call your AD now and get one in a few weeks. I got on the list for the BB58 but am thinking about switching.

8. alam Jul 6, 2018

great review :thumbsup: I do like this watch a lot ::love:: specially its subdue colors...but most definitely, I’m not a fan of these Tudor’s hour hands :( Enjoy!

9. sog00d Jul 6, 2018

Man, I can't agree more. You either love or hate those snowflake hands and they just aren't for me, unfortunately.

alam likes this.
  10. ANALOGUE Jul 6, 2018

That watch is Indeed very nice! Congrats! The bezel insert color is great, much better than the new Rolex pepsi imho! However for me, the case is too large and I dont like the rivert bracelet. Will possibly buy BB36 blue instead :)

11. Davidt Jul 7, 2018

I tried on a mock up at the AD a week or so ago, it's a very handsome watch and nice and solid. There are only two issues for me:
    1. It's too thick (standard gripe with the BB).
    2. I feel the colouration of the bezel could have been better, particularly the blue should be lighter. However, I can understand if Tudor wanted it to be similar but not a direct homage to the classic Pepsi GMT.

I'm also slightly surprised by the resale price. I declined to put my name down for one as it didn't quite sing to me (the BB58 however!), but I was told if I wanted one it would be several months.

Given the ridiculous wait for the Rolex Pepsi, coupled with the terrible colouration on its bezel (I get that's down to the way they had to layer the colours on the ceramic but it still looks awful), I thought these may be selling for way above RRP. Looking at the in auction on eBay, completed sales only seem to be marginally above retail. I wonder if the wait for these isn't quite as long as people expect?

Regardless, it's still a great looking watch and I can't really see the point in waiting several years for the new Rolex when this is a third of the price and looks better.

blubarb likes this.
  12. frazierspa Jul 8, 2018

Interstellar and blubarb like this.
  13. frazierspa Jul 8, 2018

blubarb and Uniqez like this.
  14. andrewjb88 Jul 9, 2018

Got a deposit down on one, hoping it arrives soon as was promised July.

15. amiriqbal Jul 10, 2018

Great review and pics. Very tempted to pick one of these. Looks like availability not to bad if you ask around. Told Oct by the last store I checked at, which is fine by me.

Only slight negative, for me, is the similarity to the black bay black/red in terms of case architecture. I have just bought a black bay black (new thicker, in house movement).

Is this essentially the same watch with some different cosmetics, albeit with the GMT complication, and just too similar??

A good combo would definately have been the 58 and the GMT, as there seems enough differential, between the watches, to justify buying both.

I am not one of those guys who own several identical pieces (though totally respect and undestand those who choose this route)

Thoughts anyone??

16. larryganz The cable guy Jul 11, 2018

Blubarb, how are you feeling about this a week later?

17. griz84 Jul 12, 2018

Fraser hart in Edinburgh confirmed 1 to 2 month wait. It’s one I want to see on the wrist first so I passed on the list.

18. JPE.88305 Jul 12, 2018

On top of waitlist for the 58, no word yet, I was told late July. When I was placed there I was told there were already multiple people ahead of me for the GMT.

19. JPE.88305 Jul 12, 2018

Just re-checked status of the '58--was told the GMTs have started making their way out the store however the '58 is on 'back order' until September...

bloomy likes this.
  20. bonerp Jul 12, 2018

I wasn't asked a deposit so will be trying it before buying it. Plenty more behind me no doubt so no loss to jeweller.