Forums Latest Members

A positive case for the new Tudor BBGMT

1. abrod520 Jan 28, 2020

I think on a strap, the weight isn’t particularly noticeable. But I think the bracelet is extra heavy

blubarb and scapa like this.
  2. Rodentman Jul 18, 2020

I love it! I haven't had the dreaded dat change issue. Here is mine with Smarty End links and the Tudor strap.

20190910_125757.jpg
    Duracuir1 and SouthernScot like this.
  3. SouthernScot Jul 18, 2020

My GMT which I love and have worn more than any of my watches is currently back with Tudor to have the date wheel problem fixed. I got it in August last year and the problem arose about a month ago when it skipped two days and then got stuck between two dates. It’s under warranty of course but I’m impatient to have it back, this hasn’t dimmed my enthusiasm for the watch.

4. Rodentman Jul 18, 2020

Hmmm. I hope the issue doesn't pop up but as you state, it can run fine for many months and then fail. If it does I will deal with it as i really like the watch.

SouthernScot likes this.
  5. mz_cle Jul 23, 2020

I picked up the bracelet for mine today.

Admittedly I prefer bracelets, but I like this watch a lot on a nato, or more specifically a C&B chevron. This sings though.

I need the US to get its act together, so I can start getting out and about traveling again.

BF40030F-7642-4D6A-8701-B11858A59CEE.jpeg
  6. larrylush Jul 28, 2020

Great review

7. Snooz Jul 28, 2020

If I stop the movement and wind it backwards, the seconds hand briefly jumps backwards 1/2 a second, then returns to it's original position when I stop - just wondered if this is normal on the Tudor gmt/anyone else have the same experience? Doesnt happen on my bb58 blue...::confused2::

8. Rodentman Jul 28, 2020

Mine used to change date at about 12:06. Now it is doing so at about 12:25. Not normal but I am not concerned unless it is a sign of a larger issue. I will monitor the situation.

9. Rodentman Aug 3, 2020

GMT-1.jpg

Got the virus. Date change hosed. Watch barely 1 year old. I am taking it to the AD tomorrow.

10. Kraut783 Aug 22, 2020

Hate to see this Rodentman, I had sent mine in Dec 2019 and got it back in March 2020....movement replaced and no issues since. Knock on wood!

Rodentman likes this.
  11. Rodentman Aug 24, 2020

Yeah it will be out for awhile as they need parts from Switzerland. I have other watches. I just hope only one trip to RSC is necessary.

12. SouthernScot Aug 25, 2020

I hope you’re right and yours comes back quickly. You may have seen on another thread that when mine was returned there were two scratches across the case back where the protector was removed to take off the back. My AD insisted it should be sent back for correction. Missing it quite a lot.

13. kylepchiang Oct 23, 2021

Tell me more about these Smarty End links. I have a BB heritage but don’t take it off the bracelet much. The case isn’t that tall but with no taper or transitions in finishing, it looks huge.

14. Tekashi_145.022 Nov 9, 2021

Is the date issue officially fixed on the BB GMT? I’ve not heard about it in months, but used to read about it regularly.

15. Kraut783 Dec 20, 2021

Since receiving it from service in March 2020, no issues....running like a champ!

16. mydeafcat Jan 22, 2022

Here's an interesting Tudor Boutique customer service tidbit. A little over 2 weeks ago, Tudor opened their newest boutique here in Vancouver. Today, I made my way there with my wife in tow. When we arrived the shop's three available sales staff already were already deep in consultation with prospective buyers so we looked around. To my surprise they had a couple of GMTs on display but had to wait for a sales staff member. We were shown to the waiting area.

After about 15-20 minutes, we were shown to a now-vacated client station. We sat with the manager. I asked to try on the GMT on leather (I have tried the bracelet model a couple of months ago - it was already spoken for). It was great - I loved it on leather, actually. It felt great as I've got fairly meaty drummer wrists; I purposely wore my 15mm high Tutima Flieger Friday so I could do a heft comparison. The GMT was killer...I have no issue with it being 'slab-sided'. We chatted with the manager a bit more and I told her that after weeks of going down the rabbit hole and missing out, I really wanted this watch.

Then I facked things up.

During our conversation (more of a sales pitch session) I asked her - respectfully as possible - about the date issue that's plagued these watches over since the launch in 2018. I made it clear I was very interested and will be buying one irrespective of any risk of the date issue. I simply wanted to know if it had been addressed. Oops. Bad move. In this fancy new Tudor boutique, it's best to just buy the thing and shut one's pie hole.

The manager seemed annoyed and said she'd never heard of any date wheel issue. She mentioned she'd been with Tudor for over 10 years and this was the first anyone had mentioned a date wheel issue. It must be a rare anecdote. She then firmly and rather condescendingly schooled me that "with all mechanical watches there's a risk of problems." Gee, thanks Captain Obvious, but that wasn't my question. The date wheel issue isn't a one-off anecdote. It's a pretty common thing. And besides, she said, "what manufacturer would ever admit to a potential problem or issue with their watch?". "I dunno..an industry leader...?" was my admittedly rather glib answer. In my experience, taking ownership shows confidence. Besides, while $4500+tax is not exactly ALS or Daytona territory, it's still my money. She played the hard sell card, and told me that 'if I didn't take it today, it would likely be sold tomorrow' (believe me I know as I've missed out on these before), and 'if I know I want the GMT why wait? Just buy it now'. Jesus.

The whole thing felt greasy to me. Yes, I realize I said I'd buy it notwithstanding the date wheel issue, but it was her smugness that put me off. Here in Vancouver, you see, there's an illustrious luxury buyers' class that has ruined the buying experience for us mere mortals. Customer service has gone to shite. My fall back is being put on a waiting list last week at a dealer in Calgary, Alberta (province next door to mine). It means a flight back home and that's fine by me. My late parents dealt at this AD for years in the 1960's-1980's. The sales person I dealt with at that AD was both upfront about the date issue and would look into it for me, ensuring my purchase was made in confidence and simplicity. She had me on the phone for 25 minutes asking questions about my family and me asking her about her Romanian roots. We had a really great chat. That is customer service. I'm happy to wait a bit longer.

Edited Jan 23, 2022
    rkman11 likes this.
  17. ArmbandUhr69 Jan 22, 2022

Yup, the difference between customer service and sales pitch. Great news you actually had somewhere else to go to. My experience, more often than not is the flashiers the premise and address, the lower the level of customer service.

mydeafcat likes this.
  18. rkman11 Jan 22, 2022

Wow, that’s really unfortunate to hear. (Especially from Vancouver - I lived there for over 10 years, amazing city!) This is/was a wide enough issue that any Tudor sales agent worth anything should be aware of it and happy to address the fact that they’ll take care of it. Too bad. Hope you find your GMT! Lots coming up on the second hand market as of late, and some pretty good deals.

watchyouwant and mydeafcat like this.
  19. mydeafcat Jan 23, 2022

Thanks. It felt really great on the wrist. Not terribly worried…. I’ll find mine soon!

Edited Jan 23, 2022
  20. Gprotein Jan 23, 2022

Fack them, that sales manager forgot she is selling Tudor, not Rolex. What watch did you wear when you visited that boutique?