Forums Latest Members
  1. bama2141 Jan 9, 2017

I'm feeling the need to actually seek out and buy this book, but have the nagging feeling that as soon as I do an updated version will be published. Does anyone here have any insight on whether a newer version is in the pipeline?

$400 USD is big money for a book and buyers remorse could be severe!

Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 9, 2017

There hasn't been any mention of a new version anywhere on OF.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 9, 2017

It's been rumored for a long time now that a new one is in the works and that was why supplies of AJTT had dried up but these things do take time to do right and with all of the errors in AJTT that have been found over the years, Petros will be doing his absolute best to ensure accuracy and completeness knowing that as soon as it's printed it'll be picked over for errors by people that are obsessed with tiny details. Not a fun job :)

SpeedyPhill, Jwit and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 9, 2017

It has been rumoured on OF now!

5. chronos Jan 9, 2017

Two months ago my OB told me there would be an update with a whole new story about speedies and new, better pics soon. And they told me they expected to see the new AJTT at Baselworld.
    They said they wouldn't know when exactly it would be published, but they said it is a fact that a new version is in the pipeline.

Here's a link to my statement more than two months ago.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/best-omega-book-to-have.38915/page-3#post-575188

Time will tell if they told me the truth...

6. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jan 9, 2017

I've heard the updated version will be a limited edition renamed "The Darkside of a Journey Through Time" and will cost $1000 due to a new ceramic spine.

kkt, Archer, Jwit and 5 others like this.
  7. webvan Jan 9, 2017

So for Baselworld? If they're still planning to relaunch the museum in 2017 that would make sense too.

8. tyrantlizardrex Jan 9, 2017

Petros was talking late 2017 for "a book" at the Speedy Tuesday event in October... I'm not sure if that was AJTT update, or something else though.

Rumour has it there is a Speedmaster/NASA specific publication coming.

Cannot wait to see the new museum :)

SpeedyPhill and Jwit like this.
  9. uwsearch Jan 9, 2017

Ajtt is still in stock at the museum, but they don't sell it anymore because of all the mistakes inside.... seamaster section is just full of fakes and "proto"... but I don't think they had time to write a new version. A book about speedmasters, moon and nasa is very likely..

10. tyrantlizardrex Jan 9, 2017

Omega are still selling AJTT through their boutiques - I bought a copy just before Christmas here in the UK at the London Royal Exchange branch.

11. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 9, 2017

Matter of fact I just put $500 down at my OB. First on the waiting list ...:thumbsup:

Jking and Jwit like this.
  12. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jan 10, 2017

At least let's hope... it sure will be likely ::book::
    http://moonwatchuniverse.tumblr.com/archive