A dedicated Vintage Ω Forum?

I'm in! Hi everybody. I recognize some screen names already, and thanks to gatorcpa for the head's up. I promise to post a SOTVΩC soon.

I'm in! Hi everybody. I recognize some screen names already, and thanks to gatorcpa for the head's up. I promise to post a SOTVΩC soon.
We figured it needed to be done, and done properly, ΩF runs on fairly decent hardware, and as our day jobs are in the IT and hosting industry, the site has all the resources it needs at no cost.

I think that would be great. I'd love to learn all I can about vintage Omegas. I have a chance to purchase another 60's model Constellation, but I really don't know values, what to look for, etc. I know it's a legit watch, because I know the original owner. But, I'd like to learn more about the watch. And other Omega's as well, in the event I run across a good deal. Much to my wife's chagrin, I'm looking at vintage watches to collect now. I love my new watches, but, like vintage cars, I feel like vintage watches have more personality.

Anchorman - you can always show a few detailed photos and ask about a potential purchase. There are quite a few knowledgeable vintage Omega collectors on these forums and most are happy to help. Be aware that some of us specialize so while Joe might know Speedies he might have to ask John for help on Constellations. As for me, well.... I cheated and got the book A Journey Through Time. No matter how experienced we may be, we still run candidates by each other though because a second & third set of eyes is always good for nit-picking details.

Aha! I see someone reads their PM's!

Good to see you here ULF.

gatorcpa

I think that would be great. I'd love to learn all I can about vintage Omegas. I have a chance to purchase another 60's model Constellation, but I really don't know values, what to look for, etc. I know it's a legit watch, because I know the original owner. But, I'd like to learn more about the watch. And other Omega's as well, in the event I run across a good deal. Much to my wife's chagrin, I'm looking at vintage watches to collect now. I love my new watches, but, like vintage cars, I feel like vintage watches have more personality.

If you make a thread and post pictures / details and questions there are a couple of people that are very good with vintage models visiting here that can help you out!

Aha! I see someone reads their PM's!

Good to see you here ULF.

gatorcpa

Thanks for spreading the word!

If you make a thread and post pictures / details and questions there are a couple of people that are very good with vintage models visiting here that can help you out!
Thanks, I'll have to do that. I really want another Constellation, but I don't want to over/underpay for it. I think I'll take it to a jeweler this week and see if I can't get an appraisal. I'll also post pictures later this week.