8900 quartz-like accuracy

Posts
203
Likes
77
Did you find yours gained with dial down?
Yes. I mentioned that somewhere above, I think. After a date wheel replacement, the watch ran I guess a second slow. Immediately I started to experiment with positioning but I didn't have to continue experimenting: first thing I did was dial down and since then it's behaving like a quartz. Thank God.
 
Posts
32
Likes
54
I’ll try dial down tonight. Pretty impressed with -1 spd to be honest but it’s always interesting to see how the different positions have an effect.
 
Posts
203
Likes
77
I’ll try dial down tonight. Pretty impressed with -1 spd to be honest but it’s always interesting to see how the different positions have an effect.
Minus 1 is impressive. But Omega's promise is that it won't run slow.
 
Posts
24
Likes
81
Max beat error allowed (any position) is 0.8 ms. So if this thing is actually reading it correctly, it's out of spec. My guess is that the device is not reading it properly.

Watch Accuracy Meter is a great app and I use it often, but it is known to have issues with co-axial movements. That might be the case with @meglos Seamaster Heritage?
 
Posts
258
Likes
414
My SMP 300 is running 5 seconds fast per day. I've had it about a year and a half and it hasn't really changed. It's getting a little frustrating to the point I'm thinking of trading her in.
 
Posts
114
Likes
106
Watch Accuracy Meter is a great app and I use it often, but it is known to have issues with co-axial movements. That might be the case with @meglos Seamaster Heritage?

That's what I am thinking too. I was hoping someone would confirm to put my mind at ease. Your post does a little. Can someone who has an 89XX movment download the app and run it to see if their trace looks similar? It would be greatly appreciated.
 
Posts
32
Likes
54
Had my Globemaster for 3 weeks now and it seems to have settled at -1 spd. Left overnight with crown up it's +2 seconds, with dial up it's -2 seconds.
 
Posts
203
Likes
77
Had my Globemaster for 3 weeks now and it seems to have settled at -1 spd. Left overnight with crown up it's +2 seconds, with dial up it's -2 seconds.
Again: go with dial DOWN.
 
Posts
32
Likes
54
Again: go with dial DOWN.
I did try with dial down and it was same as dial up, -2. I am pretty happy with how it’s running, no complaints!
 
Posts
203
Likes
77
Five weeks later since starting this post and still on- the-nose accuracy. And I began checking accuracy on July 20 after receiving the watch back from the lab in Petach Tikva, Israel following a date wheel replacement. I haven't touched the crown since, beyond a date change.
I should revise the title to say "quartz-like accuracy" instead of "near quartz-like".
Edited: