8900 quartz-like accuracy

Posts
203
Likes
77
Just wanted to say for anyone interested that I had the service center in Petach Tikva, Israel change a date wheel in my Aqua Terra a few months back in April or May and ever since then I've got .24 fast to 0 accuracy. Amazing. Thank God.
 
Posts
114
Likes
106
The 8912 in my Seamaster 300 Heritage runs between +1 or +2 seconds per day over the course of several months. Very, very impressive
 
Posts
203
Likes
77
The 8912 in my Seamaster 300 Heritage runs between +1 or +2 seconds per day over the course of several months. Very, very impressive
Indeed.
Mine was running a second slow for the first days. But what I do to get it approaching 0, 0+, is to put it face down each night.
 
Posts
202
Likes
203
The 8912 in my Seamaster 300 Heritage runs between +1 or +2 seconds per day over the course of several months. Very, very impressive

Quartz watches all should run within a second fast or slow within 24 hours. This should be expected.
 
Posts
6,414
Likes
31,475
Quartz watches all should run within a second fast or slow within 24 hours. This should be expected.
Euhmm, the 300 heritage has a mechanical movement.
 
Posts
10,745
Likes
16,729
Quartz watches all should run within a second fast or slow within 24 hours. This should be expected.
::facepalm1::
 
Posts
114
Likes
106
Quartz watches all should run within a second fast or slow within 24 hours. This should be expected.

bmpennington you are missing the point. The 8912 is a mechanical movement and so are the other 89XX movements. The point of this thread is that the 89XX series mechanical movements are so accurate they near Quartz level accuracy which is simply amazing.

I gonna let you get away with it this time but if you ever call my SeaMaster 300 Heritage a Quartz watch again there is gonna be problems.
 
Posts
202
Likes
203
bmpennington you are missing the point. The 8912 is a mechanical movement and so are the other 89XX movements. The point of this thread is that the 89XX series mechanical movements are so accurate they near Quartz level accuracy which is simply amazing.

I gonna let you get away with it this time but if you ever call my SeaMaster 300 Heritage a Quartz watch again there is gonna be problems.

I miss read the post title, sorry. I owned a quartz Omega Seamaster which actually was my first Omega that I ever owned 17 years ago.
 
Posts
2,800
Likes
3,726
The 8912 in my Seamaster 300 Heritage runs between +1 or +2 seconds per day over the course of several months. Very, very impressive

I synched mine to time.gov at the first of the month. Just checked and it is exactly 16 seconds fast. You can do the math. 😀

I think it is an excellent movement.
 
Posts
114
Likes
106
I used the Watch Accuracy Meter app to measure the SeaMaster 300 Heritage that I purchased in March over 6 positions and here is what I got. Time accuracy is very tight. Would anyone be concerned with the Beat Error?
Edited:
 
Posts
30,172
Likes
77,911
I used the Watch Accuracy Meter app to measure the SeaMaster 300 Heritage that I purchased in March over 6 positions and here is what I got. Time accuracy is very tight. Would anyone be concerned with the Beat Error?

Max beat error allowed (any position) is 0.8 ms. So if this thing is actually reading it correctly, it's out of spec. My guess is that the device is not reading it properly.
 
Posts
34
Likes
60
I purchased my Globemaster with cal 8900 in December. When I first got it, it ran about +3-4 per day. It's within specs but I was still a bit disappointed.... now 8 months later, it runs about +1s per week! Idk if the movement needed some time work itself out or what. Impressive indeed.
 
Posts
203
Likes
77
I purchased my Globemaster with cal 8900 in December. When I first got it, it ran about +3-4 per day. It's within specs but I was still a bit disappointed.... now 8 months later, it runs about +1s per week! Idk if the movement needed some time work itself out or what. Impressive indeed.
Yes. Do you take it off at night and rest it in a particular position?
 
Posts
34
Likes
60
Yes. Do you take it off at night and rest it in a particular position?
Yes, I take it off at night and I leave the watch dial up.
 
Posts
203
Likes
77
Yes, I take it off at night and I leave the watch dial up.
That's the key to its improvement, it would seem. I put mine face down as in the beginning it ran slow a bit.
 
Posts
32
Likes
54
Only had my Globemaster for 10 days (purchased new) and currently running at -1 spd. Left overnight with dial up.
Edited:
 
Posts
14
Likes
4
Just wanted to say for anyone interested that I had the service center in Petach Tikva, Israel change a date wheel in my Aqua Terra a few months back in April or May and ever since then I've got .24 fast to 0 accuracy. Amazing. Thank God.
Wow
 
Posts
203
Likes
77
Only had my Globemaster for 10 days (purchased new) but currently running at -1 spd. Left overnight with dial up.
Try dial down.