Forums Latest Members
  1. pmontoyap May 4, 2017

I often send messages to sellers of items where I turn out to be the second highest bidder, or if I missed the auctions end: IM QUITE INTERESTED IN YOUR WATCH, IF THE HIGHEST BIDDER DOESNT PAY ILL BE HAPPY TO TAKE HIS PLACE. Nothing wrong about that I think.

2. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying May 5, 2017

In caps?

3. Don Bocadillo May 5, 2017

For emphasis ;-)

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 3, 2017

Bumping this oldie - Hawaiian Ed is back from STS and cleaned up really well. I could only grab this one picture on a coffee break earlier, but will post some follow-ups this weekend.

IMG_6677.JPG

5. wkimmd Aug 3, 2017

Hmm...I'm sure I could one day use a straight lug... DIBS!!!!!!!!!

bazamu likes this.
  6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 3, 2017

Helluva deal for $6K! Looks great!

Don Bocadillo likes this.
  7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 3, 2017

"That'll do, pig. That'll do." - Farmer in Babe / ChicagoFrog

8. Don Bocadillo Aug 3, 2017

Lovely looking Ed!! Lugs look fantastic :rolleyes:

9. ndgal Aug 3, 2017

Looks awesome, but why were the hands re-done in Red? ::confused2::

10. Rman Aug 3, 2017

Very nice.
    Can't believe STS turnaround was so fast. I've been waiting since September on a project from a certain LA outfit.
    Next time it's over the pond with yuz

11. Don Bocadillo Aug 3, 2017

@ChicagoFrog im considering sending my 145.012-67 over to STS from Ohio. Could you give me a little info on how you sent your watch to them. Shipping, insurance and customs concern me in particular. Many thanks!!

Etp095 likes this.
  12. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 4, 2017

Since September?! Wow. I highly recommend Simon as well. Personally, I prefer Simon's communication along the way better, but STS is generally great as well.

That said - while timing something last night, I felt a pop when I reset the chrono and now the hour counter isn't advancing at all :mad:. The issue with STS is shipping takes a while and so does their inspection process. Would be great to have an Omega-specific shop in the US.

sarir97 likes this.
  13. ATWG Aug 4, 2017

Have you tried Nesbits in SEA?

14. Don Bocadillo Aug 4, 2017

Nesbits insist on giving you the full factory style overhaul unfortunately...upto and including the pressure test...so bye bye flat footed crown :-(

15. ATWG Aug 4, 2017

Not true, I have had 2 services with them, they return all orig. parts and do a phenomenal job.

16. Don Bocadillo Aug 4, 2017

@ATWG indeed they will of course return your vintage parts but in the interests of fulfilling their offered warranty they will insist on replacing them with service parts...no exceptions, whereas STS from what I understand appreciate the fact that most of us vintage speedy owners value originality over being waterproof and are happy to leave original pushers and crowns in place. They also said that if there were any lume issues with my hands that they would also be replaced with super luminova hands where STS or Freese would stabilize the lume and remount the hands...

17. ATWG Aug 4, 2017

Understood. I use them for difficult projects as they have access to a lot of hard to source parts and have experts on staff that really understand vintage watches. Yes, replacing parts can be annoying it all depends on what you're looking to get out of a specific service. Additionally, the can verify model authenticity (e.g. Japanese racing speedmaster, Snoopy, Gemini's etc.) with a simple serial ck. and their turn around times are much better than sending back-and-forth across the pond. Not recommending them for every type of service, but they do serve a niche market for US customers.

Don Bocadillo likes this.
  18. Don Bocadillo Aug 4, 2017

Indeed and from my dealings with them they were extremely professional.

19. t_swiss_t Aug 4, 2017

Even if they give you the original parts back I'd be annoyed enough at having to get someone else to remount the original parts that I'd send it somewhere else (i.e. Simon or STS). My Ed turnaround time at STS was 5-6 weeks - you just call them up, tell them you're sending it in, what you want done, and ship it on over. I usually include written instructions about what to do, not to do. I sent mine via parcel pro (FedEx) and it didn't have any issues. Hope that helps -

Andrew

watchknut, Rman, bazamu and 1 other person like this.
  20. propervinyl Aug 4, 2017

Their turnaround is amazing, and their work is top notch.

Have you had a 321 serviced through them? If so, do you mind if I ask the cost?