Forums Latest Members
  1. kip595 Apr 15, 2020

Hi folks,

Still continuing my quest to find a nice clean 50s-60s Seamaster in good original shape. Came across this one today; it's not the black dial I'd been hoping for but to my non-expert eyes looks very clean.

Any thoughts/opinions/advice? Seller believes it to be from 1966 and all original, serviced w/in the last six months. Asking 1K (which seems optimistic to me) but they do state they have some flexibility. I had hoped for something in the 400-600 range, but apparently in that regard for condition and originality I may have been too optimistic myself, heh. :whistling:

I wanted to see what the experts here think of both the watch and the price before beginning any negotiations, if I decide to.

As always, my thanks to the wonderful members here!

66 sea 3.jpg 66 sea 2.jpg 66 sea 1.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 15, 2020

Reference 166.003 I think.

Lugs are very polished and a freshly serviced movement should not have the regulator cranked that far off center, oh wait, the adjusting screw is missing! It also appears that the stem may not have been cut to the proper length, both signs of a sloppy watchmaker, crown is a replacement as well.

On the good side the dial looks nice.

With the polished case and other issues I'd say $400-500.

66 sea 1.jpg

Dan S and apsm100 like this.
  3. kip595 Apr 15, 2020

Ah, many thanks for the points about the movement. I was so obsessed trying to determine the originality of the dial I completely overlooked it!

I had thought 450 sounded about right. I'll probably end up passing on this one.