Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jan 28, 2016

Is there any special trick when put on the second on a 552 movement . The pinion is springloaded and moves away so the second hand wont sit properly. I can't see the pinion as it sits under the rotorbridge. Borrowed the picture from internet. That is the spring.
    IMG_5185-1024x768.jpg

2. michael e Still learning. Jan 28, 2016

I would take the rotor bridge off and apply pressure to the back of the spring while fitting the hand, if you try to just push it on you might strain the spring causing the second hand to jump a bit while it is going round.
    Thant is what I think but Al might be along soon to tell me off.
    Thanks Michael

rogart likes this.
  3. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jan 28, 2016

Thought so to. But just like to be sure that it is the proper way to do it?

4. ChrisN Jan 28, 2016

This is the way that Al does it.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-120-project.15504/#post-171332

If your spring looks like one he showed there then it needs replacing and I would estimate that 50% of them do.

I find it easier to switch the good spring for a partially damaged one and support that. Then refit the good spring when the hand is mounted.

Cheers, Chris

5. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jan 28, 2016

My spring actually looks like that :( . It's not my watch and i am only servicing it. But i remember the thread now. The second hand was very loose when i removed the hands and took the hands of. It fell of before the others did.

Canuck likes this.
  6. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jan 28, 2016

Removed the bridge and put an old movement holder between the friction spring and the pinion . Now it's working great again. Wasn't that bad after all. the friction spring looks okay.
    Result. The crown hasn't arrived yet. And there is an other issue with the insert or bezel. More on that in an other thread.
    DSC05465.JPG