Forums Latest Members
  1. AFT Customs Aug 8, 2022

I just got off the phone with the Omega Boutique in Vegas in order to make an appointment. The criteria right now to possibly be considered ( no guarantee) for a 50th Silver Snoopy is as follows:
    1) $100,000.00 purchase history with Watches of Switzerland Omega
    2) At minimum 4 Speedmasters in your collection.
    3) If purchase history is less than 100K for Omega you will need 200K in brands purchased through W. of Switzerland.
    I quit buying Rolex for this reason. My opinion is that Omega is testing the waters. Dont' be surprised if future more common models follow. Buy now if you have a model you're contemplating.

omegabrad69 likes this.
  2. fiberguy Aug 8, 2022

Honestly this reads much more like a Watches of switzerland policy and not an Omega directed approach.

kkt, easygoinguk, Ree and 7 others like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 8, 2022

A 19 Year old kid bought one in Sydney with money saved up from McDonald’s shifts
    So that blows your Omega conspiracy out of the water ;)

Adamtrigg10 and Archer like this.
  4. Evitzee Aug 8, 2022

That kind of nonsense turns me off, I'm not going to have some sort of digital rectal exam of my watch collection and purchase history with a particular store. If I really, really wanted one I'd buy at the market price which seems to be around US$30k, then I'd walk into the AD/boutique with it on my wrist and tell them to go pound sand.

AFT Customs likes this.
  5. Caliber561 Aug 8, 2022

This is clearly an AD, not an Omega Boutique. Why would Omega want you to have purchase history with a middleman?

6. AFT Customs Aug 8, 2022

I'm sure it is a Watches of Switzerland Policy but why would Omega allow it? They are a massive dealer.

7. AFT Customs Aug 8, 2022

Why would Omega allow this from such a large AD if they weren't OK with it? They have agreements. I think they are testing the waters to see what the public will allow.

8. AFT Customs Aug 8, 2022

This is part of Watches of Switzerland in Las Vegas. The phone number goes to Rolex who gave me the O. Boutique number. Look at the website for Vegas location. Call the number and ask for yourself. They call it an Omega Boutique.

9. YY77 Aug 8, 2022

Have them send the conditions in writing, safe bet you won't get anything from them.

10. AFT Customs Aug 8, 2022

Call Vegas boutique and ask for yourself. I'm not saying other locations don't have different policies. I'm saying that their policy could be them testing the waters. They see how the Rolex market is and it's possible Omega could move in a similar direction. That doesn't make it a conspiracy.

11. AFT Customs Aug 8, 2022

I'll be there shortly

12. Evitzee Aug 8, 2022

Be sure to dress well and have at least two Speedmasters on each arm for your 'interview'.

sheepdoll, Eve and RevZMan123 like this.
  13. AFT Customs Aug 8, 2022

On the website for Las Vegas it is called an Omega boutique.

14. emordnilap Aug 9, 2022

But since your first post mentioned WOS it is obviously a franchised boutique rather than a corporate boutique. They are different entities and the former set their own allocation policies.

Regardless of the store’s status however, you were enquiring about a watch that is over-subscribed and for which the waiting lists closed, de facto, nearly two years ago.

So WOS (in this case) has essentially two ways to allocate any of the few watches coming through. Firstly they could allocate on a first come first served basis, in which case you are nearly two years late to the party. Secondly they could use the value of your account through your purchase history.

Either way, it seems that you are not in a position to buy the watch from them at the moment. That’s a shame because it is a truly beautiful watch imo but there is no villain in this story. I can’t see how WOS could behave any differently than they have. On what basis should they make you a special case?

15. AFT Customs Aug 9, 2022

16. AFT Customs Aug 9, 2022

What makes you think that I am the only person who wants to purchase this watch? On Omegas website they say to contact a boutique so they are still producing the watch in limited numbers. They should advertise it as available only to individuals that meet a certain criteria. I don't want that model that bad.2 years ago when it was released other watches were more important for me to acquire. I've been collecting for 35 years. I know the game. Up until 2015 you could walk into Rolex AD's and buy any watch in many cases at a discount. It's foolish to think Omega isn't looking at Rolex. And by the way - most of the watches WOS sells can be purchased 20% cheaper on the secondary market so why should I pay retail just to build a 100k purchase history. Only fools do that.

17. Dedalus05 Aug 9, 2022

Why should you have to build up a 100k purchase history? That's absolutely crazy to me. To buy a 12k watch?

I'm wheeling and dealing to get the Snoopy too. I understand the compulsion, but I don't see the logic in buying 100k worth of watches at an AD for something I can get for 25k at aftermarket prices. Unless you're buying stainless steel Rolexes to make up that 100k, then from a purely economic standpoint it doesn't add up.

18. AFT Customs Aug 9, 2022

It retails for $9600.00. Keep in mind this was a phone conversation because I'm traveling to Vegas. I wanted to formulate a game plan ahead of time and now I have one and will see what they say in person. The closest Omega AD/boutique is 500 miles from me. It's not like I can just pop in on a lunch brake. Good luck getting your watch.

19. Dedalus05 Aug 9, 2022

You too, my dude.

20. AFT Customs Aug 15, 2022

San Francisco boutique just said 100K in there store with no guarantee. Anyone that doesn't think they are following Rolex is brain dead