3861 - few questions regarding warranty / imperfections

Hi All,

First time poster here.
2 weeks ago I entered the local OB, tried on the Speedy Sapphire ( always had huge respect towards the Speedmasters, but never considered buying one ).
Fell in love in that very moment.
Retail price is pretty steep so decided to go to C24.
Bought a few times on C24 before, I had a look and was able to source the watch with a 21-22% discount, unworn. with most of the factory stickers on, full set, even C24 certified.

Reputable seller on C24, 3k+ rating, all 5*.
The things I have noticed:

1.: The warranty card is stamped / dated, but the AD's stamp ( an Omega Boutique ) is barely visible - I was able to read it but was not easy at all.
The seller himself did not exactly know at which OB the watch was originally purchased, he bought it on grey market so did not have the original receipt.
Could having a stamped, but hardly readable warranty card cause any problem down the road, in case I would need to send it in for warranty repair?

2. The "Tachymétre" print on the bezel looks a bit faded/damaged, especially letter "T" and "A" ( picture attached ). Has anyone seen anything like this on a brand new watch, or should I be concerned or just accept it as it is ( i do not mind at all, but checkin pictures online about the model, never seen this flaw before )?
Tachy.jpeg

Otherwise, its keeping time well ( +4sec/day ), and loving this watch, will probably use it as a daily.

Thanks for all your wisdom in advance!
3861.jpeg

Omega is very good on warranty service. They can look up the serial number and know if it is covered under warranty. Many times the dealer stamp is hard to read.

Like 1
If the seller has a goofy story and the warranty card is suspicious, you may want to check whether your watch has a manufacturer warranty.

Like 3
The seller himself did not exactly know at which OB the watch was originally purchased, he bought it on grey market so did not have the original receipt...........................

In general, if it's a grey market watch, there is no Omega warranty, the warranty is handled by the original grey market seller.

Take it to an authorised Omega dealer or OB and get them to check your warranty status.

Like 1
In general, if it's a grey market watch, there is no Omega warranty, the warranty is handled by the original grey market
I agree that this is generally true, but not always. I bought a new JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon a few years ago from a grey market dealer at a sizeable discount from retail that came full kit and I registered it with JLC and got the 8 year manufacturer’s warranty with no problem. In the OP’s case, he may have the manufacturer’s warranty. Most grey market dealer’s remove the manufacturer’s warranty card before selling the watch. In this case, that seems not to have happened.

Like 1
If the seller has a goofy story and the warranty card is suspicious, you may want to check whether your watch has a manufacturer warranty.
Thanks, not quite sure whether the seller or his story is goofy or not, he has over 3000 reviews on C24, all 5*. The warranty card is very hard to read though. Thanks for your advice, I’ll contact Swatch Group or the local Boutique, fingers crossed!

In general, if it's a grey market watch, there is no Omega warranty, the warranty is handled by the original grey market seller.

Take it to an authorised Omega dealer or OB and get them to check your warranty status.
Thanks your your help! I’m not quite sure whether the warranty is transferable ( I thought it is, as long as the warranty card is stamped/dated by AD or OB, but I apparently I’m wrong) On Monday I’ll try calling Swatch Group or will have a trip to the local boutique! Appreciate your input!

I agree that this is generally true, but not always. I bought a new JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon a few years ago from a grey market dealer at a sizeable discount from retail that came full kit and I registered it with JLC and got the 8 year manufacturer’s warranty with no problem. In the OP’s case, he may have the manufacturer’s warranty. Most grey market dealer’s remove the manufacturer’s warranty card before selling the watch. In this case, that seems not to have happened.
Thanks for your response! That’s right, got all the cards, registered on their website too (unfortunately purchase date/warranty isn’t accessible, unlike LMVH brands or Breitling). I’m hoping the warranty is transferable, like the brands named above. Definitely worth having it checked, thank you for your help!