321 movement assessment

I know it's not the prettiest girl on the dance floor, but are there any red flags that should keep me away? Cheers,

Some rust has been present, but other than that and being dirty, nothing else jumps out.

Of course until it gets taken apart, cleaned, and everything inspected, you won’t really know what it needs.

Some under the dial levers show a strange brushing pattern. Like somebody with a nail file removed surface rust ...

Thank you both. So is the amount of fine scratches not necessarily a concern? (Or is that what you meant by a strange brushing pattern? Or where exactly is the brushing pattern)?

And as best you can tell from the photos, all the bridges/parts match, i.e. it doesn't appear obviously hobbled together?

Do you have the rest of the watch; case, hands, dial or is this an orphan movement? What are your plans for it?

So is the amount of fine scratches not necessarily a concern? (Or is that what you meant by a strange brushing pattern? Or where exactly is the brushing pattern)?

The watch has had moisture in it at some point, and there is rust (or the effects of rust) on several parts. Someone has crudely tried to clean this up, doing a rather poor job of applying a straight grained finish to a few parts. The most obvious to me is the hour counter lock on the dial side - the graining of the brushing is far more random in direction than it should be. This can be fixed by someone competent is about 30 seconds.

As long as the surfaces of these parts that actually matter to the operation of the movement are in good shape (something you can;t see in these photos), then the rest is just cosmetic.

And as best you can tell from the photos, all the bridges/parts match, i.e. it doesn't appear obviously hobbled together?

Nothing jumps out at me as being really out of place.

Do you have the rest of the watch; case, hands, dial or is this an orphan movement? What are your plans for it?
Nope this is an orphan movement I am considering (for the right price) to put into an empty case...