Forums Latest Members
  1. Mac-427 Jun 19, 2021

My Seamaster 300M is about six months old. It has been running about 45 seconds fast since I set it for daylight savings. Interestingly enough, the 45 second interval has remained constant for over a month without speeding up. As a consequence, I'm wondering if there is a "break in" that takes place in the same manner as experienced with other complex mechanical devices. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the issue.

Edited Jun 19, 2021
  2. Canuck Jun 19, 2021

I think you are saying that you set your watch to the second when you set it for daylight saving time, and since then, it has picked up 45 seconds, but now remains constant at 45 seconds fast? We went to DST 14 weeks ago. I suspect your watch gained 3 seconds per week, constantly, but you didn’t notice the gain until it was 45 seconds fast. I suspect you weren’t paying attention to seconds until you were almost one minute fast! Now that you ARE watching the seconds, you are seeing the same 3 second per week gain.

I suggest you reset it to the second by a reliable time source, then draw up a log whereby you can daily keep track of the time more closely than you have been. A “break-in” period that would cause the phenomenon you you describe? In a word, no!

YY77 likes this.
  3. Mac-427 Jun 19, 2021

I appreciate the thought. Interestingly enough it has stayed at the same 45 seconds for the last month. I check it to the second on Rolex Forum every morning.

4. Canuck Jun 19, 2021

You sound as though you are unconvinced! Oh well.

5. perks713 Jun 20, 2021

Have you been storing it any differently? The position it’s stored in can affect time gain/loss.

6. Mac-427 Jun 20, 2021

Good question, I know storage position can matter. I wear the watch 24/7. The only time I take it off is when I shower, unless I'm cleaning it. Or when I work on my hot rod, or do other work that might cause a scratch or dent.

7. perks713 Jun 20, 2021

Haha maybe you started sleeping on your side for a few months and didn’t realize it. I don’t know, I’m sure there are some technical reasons something like that could happen. I feel like what’s even more rare is that you’ve gone a whole month and not lost or gained a second, that honestly seems the most shocking part to me.

Edited Jun 20, 2021