$3 Plonger De Luxe is this authentic ?

Posts
8
Likes
3
Hi I picked up this Plongeur De Luxe for way too cheap ($3 in an Op shop).
I would normally assume it is a counterfeit. It's passing my Non expert assessment so far. As I am trying not to get my hopes up that it may be authentic can anyone tell me if it's real or not based on these photos?


 
Posts
35,649
Likes
39,895
So normally these posts are always confirmation that the watch is bogus, but you are the rare exception. That is an entirely authentic Plongeur De Luxe. It looks like its had a hard life but is worth saving for sure.

I wrote about them here if you want some more info, but that is 100% original and correct Omega.

https://stories.omegaforums.net/the-jacques-mayol-seamaster-120m/
 
Posts
8
Likes
3
Wow. I'm shocked! Thanks for your help @dsio & @JimInOz ! I will see what I can do about restoring it. Any recommendations for where I should go ?
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,887
Any recommendations for where I should go ?
I can do it for you tomorrow.


<joking>

Where in the world are you?
That will help to find somebody to restore the movement.
 
Posts
8
Likes
3
I can do it for you tomorrow.


<joking>

Where in the world are you?
That will help to find somebody to restore the movement.
I'm in Melbourne Australia. I see u are too ahah maybe you can !🤣
 
Posts
8
Likes
3
Nice find.
Is it running?
I don't have a battery to test yet but will pick one up soon
 
Posts
35,649
Likes
39,895
Even if the movement is toast I wouldn’t be too worried as the Cal 1337 was used in a whole lot of cheaper Seamasters De Villes and mostly in models that are pretty worthless that can serve as donors.

This piece is probably the best watch to ever run the Cal 1337.
 
Posts
8
Likes
3
Even if the movement is toast I wouldn’t be too worried as the Cal 1337 was used in a whole lot of cheaper Seamasters De Villes and mostly in models that are pretty worthless that can serve as donors.

This piece is probably the best watch to ever run the Cal 1337.
Yea perfect! I just read that in your article before I posted!
 
Posts
13,520
Likes
23,458
Keep us posted on service/cleaning/restoration.

It would be good to see some pictures once it’s cleaned up
 
Posts
8
Likes
3
Keep us posted on service/cleaning/restoration.

It would be good to see some pictures once it’s cleaned up
Will Do 😀
 
Posts
653
Likes
345
Wow, has to be the cheapest Mayol 1337 SM120 ever ! Guess the seller hasn't heard of the internet yet ;-)