Forums Latest Members
  1. BLOW UP Jun 4, 2023

:thumbsup:

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 4, 2023

Russell’s in the gravel on the way to the damn grid and its not even raining yet…

3. shishy www.hpmor.com Jun 4, 2023

Feel like I'm watching mario kart with all these spin outs

4. Evitzee Jun 4, 2023

Well, at least the Silver Arrows are more competitive now with their upgrades (half smile from Toto). But Verstappen is still the class of the field right now, he won't be caught. Good drive from Perez.

Edited Jun 4, 2023
    BLOW UP likes this.
  5. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 4, 2023

Marenello-where dreams go to die::facepalm1::.

6. asloper6001 Jun 4, 2023

Hammy working overtime for Shakira!

7. BLOW UP Jun 4, 2023

That was a really good Race, aside from Verstappen driving off into the sunset..
    The changes to the circuit have made such a big difference.
    So please to see the Mercs more competitive..
    But there was some really great racing from back to almost front..
    Feel sorry for Norris, but Russell drove out of his skin again, such a talent.
    Would have been great to see Alonzo in the mix up at the front.
    Really pleased for Hamilton who also drove brilliantly.
    Canada's gonna be very different but you'd imagine Silverstone producing some similar results. Aston Martin upgrades may
    have a significant impact though being their home race, literally on their front doorstep.

DrmexicoII, MRC and fiberguy like this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 4, 2023

It’s a bit sad that Ferrari still have no idea why Leclerc’s car was a donkey all weekend for no real reason and with no discernible damage. I really don’t see him renewing with them if any alternative at a decent team is open.

9. BSUdude Jun 4, 2023

Good race? In what sense? The most exciting thing that happened was George's mistaking his sweat for rain. The announcers even gave up trying to manufacture drama for the entire second half of the race.

10. arturo7 Jun 4, 2023

Good race in the sense that there was quite a bit of passing throughout the field. However, if you only care about how comes in the first then, yes, the race must have been quite dull.

BLOW UP and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 4, 2023

I think I see what they are doing but I refuse to believe that if what I see is the difference no one tested it MB.

it looks like the RB pinches the airflow to accelerate its speed which would increase drag, but if the velocity speeds up then it expands and your adding even more low pressure at the rear perhaps trading some downforce at the middle of the car for more downforce at the rear axel which would mean more front wing…

Edited Jun 5, 2023
    Mark020 likes this.
  12. BLOW UP Jun 5, 2023

It sounds like we were watching a different race?
    Russell was driving like a man possessed, he made up nine places, and some of the battles were relentless and went on for the best part of the entire race, ie: the battle between Zhou and Yuki (and Hulkenberg), which resulted in both Zhou and Yuki scoring points, that's great in my books; I'm especially pleased for Zhou he's a really talented driver, and scoring a point in the way that he did, is almost like a podium position for him: Here is a quick video with just a tiny fraction of the action:

13. BLOW UP Jun 5, 2023

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2023

The front of the race was clearly boring but there were overtakes and a mixed up grid which did make it interesting. I think at this point we’re going to have to accept that Max will only lose a race due to reliability or act of god.

Mark020 likes this.
  15. BLOW UP Jun 5, 2023

16. texasmade Jun 5, 2023

More boring than Lewis winning 2014 and 2015. At least he had Nico sort of pushing him. Checo has no chance.

Anyone that said Lewis only won because of his car has to also say the same thing for Max.

Foo2rama likes this.
  17. redpcar Jun 5, 2023

I have to admit I fast forwarded through most of the race. I tried to get into the: "fight for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th". Just couldn't.

18. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 10, 2023

1923 to 2023 = 100 Years " 24 Hours Le Mans "

BLOW UP likes this.
  19. BLOW UP Jun 10, 2023

Verstappen is in a different league to Perez, although Perez can sometimes have the upper hand on street circuits, Verstappen for the most part goes unchallenged.

Hamilton and Rosberg were very closely matched all the way through which made the racing exciting despite the car advantage, also the car wasn't built around one or the other; whereas this Red Bull is most certainly built around Verstappen, so anyone going into that team would have a real challenge on their hands, that's why it would need to be somebody with a lot of experience in adapting to the car, and at the same time bringing the car and development towards them.

There are three possibly four drivers on the grid that could really keep Verstappen honest, but perhaps only one or two of them with the most experience would be capable of getting the upper hand on him.

20. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 16, 2023