Forums Latest Members
  1. AmateurMit Mar 16, 2020

035EDA50-EFE4-466C-9692-078305CB1AA1.jpeg
  2. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2020

Dear @AmateurMit, I've read several of your asking threads right now and I've got the feeling that you should try to do your own research before asking questions to the public / OF here.

I'd personally be unsatisfied to buy my first vintage watch without knowing anything about it on my own, but that's just me.

Though I have to admit I'm not into BP at all, the watch looks correct at first glance.

3. AmateurMit Mar 16, 2020

Thanks for the message. I appreciate the sentiment, but it seems a bit silly once you think about it. This is a form of research. Not you, me, nor anyone else can know something about a vintage watch on our own. Googling, reading books, etc is learning from the works of others. This is but one form of research in my process, and to me is an irreplaceable and immensely valuable source of knowledge from those like yourself who know more than I. When I ask for opinions on here, I am learning.

4. OMEGuy Mar 16, 2020

As long I am answering your requests, I am trying to think your way and to place appropriate comments.

That you'd be calling myself silly was not what I was expecting to return in response.

5. AmateurMit Mar 16, 2020

With all due respect, it is a shame if all you took from my response was that I was calling you silly (Which I was not). I was only pointing out that telling someone to “go do their research” before what I consider to be a form of research, seems misguided upon inspection. Your knowledge, hard as you mean have labored for it, was not gained on your own; it is hypocritical to believe otherwise.

6. Evitzee Mar 16, 2020

OP, I'm not sure what kind of information you are looking for. It's in their original 34mm case size so it is smaller than the norm today. Looks fine from the pics, nothing out of the ordinary as far as refinishing or anything else that pops out.. Blancpain's normally used a Frederic Piguet movement finished to pretty high standards. Price seems a bit high, especially if you tack on the cost of an overhaul which it may/may not need but which should be allowed for in your pricing.