Forums Latest Members
  1. Pilot85 Sep 29, 2019

Hi everyone!!

I will leave here 2 links on 2 potential watches for me to purchase.

I have one more from a member here in the forum in contention with these 2.

https://www.chrono24.es/omega/speed...ronograph-145022-crs-spillman--id12449814.htm

https://www.chrono24.es/omega/speedmaster-professional-moonwatch--id10511040.htm

Pros and cons you can see that I cannot.

Your expert advise is appreciated. From the price and for details that I might have missed.

Thank you all in advance!!

Kind regards.

2. KingCrouchy Sep 29, 2019

Please post pictures not links. We appreciate when you post your own thoughts on the Watches too.:thumbsup:

Pilot85, Eve and Davidt like this.
  3. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

Sorry newbie here :(

Let me get home I’ll post photos and my thoughts about each one :)

Thanks

KingCrouchy likes this.
  4. asrnj77 Sep 30, 2019

It sounds like you’re looking for a birth year watch from 1985. The prices on Chrono24 are inflated so they could be a good deal if they’ll negotiate with you. There’s nothing special about a Speedmaster from 1985 (other than for you personally) so you shouldn’t pay a premium for it.

5. Martin_F Sep 30, 2019

What's with the chrono second hand in the first link? Says it's been recently serviced, but it doesn't align with the 12 o'clock position and might be bent?
    And according to ilovemyspeedmaster it's from January 1984. But not sure how accurate that is.
    Also it says "Preis: 3000" on the receipt. Second to last picture. Not sure what currency, but since Preis is German, I'd assume Euro. Now they're trying to sell it for 5500 Euro.

EDIT:
    Örebro is in Sweden, so it would be swedish krona.
    3000 swedish krona only converts to 280 Euro, so that might have only been the service cost. Nevermind me.

Edited Sep 30, 2019
  6. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

I will start with the first link.

OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL CHRONOGRAPH 145.022 CRS ‘SPILLMAN’ Price 5500 Euros (Not negotiable)

I have to say maybe i overdid it with the price I offered first as I offered 3.500 Euros and the reply from the dealer was would you accept 60% of your salary from your employer. After a few heated emails, I do not want to post them here yet. But we started from 0 and got to 5250Eu.

Now everything seems ok on the watch but I want advise if you see something else I might be missing.

I think this watch has everything for an 85 speedmaster.

I honestly hated the seller for his initial attitude but I want the watch not him on my wrist.

My questions to the seller

I have attached a few photos and if you can please comment on the damages on them.

1. The circle on the hesalite.
    1 - on the glass, dial is mint

2. The stain or oxide in the case near the crown.
    2 - just dirt. i can clean it off

3. The case back is that damage to the closure system.
    3 - not damage just a trace of use. remember. the watch is 35 years old

Most concerned is N.3
    Does the caseback has a play or moves or still stay sealed normal. I don’t expect it to be waterproof for its age but at least splash proof I think.
    the watch is near mint. everything works perfectly. also, the caseback srews in neatly.
    and a speedmaster is never waterproof. only splashproof. thats what the seamaster is for.

Does it come with a warranty from you for the movement?
    there is a 1y mechanical warranty, yes. of course. like on every watch we sell.

Would you say this watch is 1985?
    its impossible to date it exactly without an extract as serial numbers in the mid 80s are not precisely confirmable within the boundaries of the table. it should be 85-88. my best guess is 85 or 86!

In The description of mentioned the case has not been polished, how about the bracelet? Any elongation on the bracelet?
    bracelet is also unpolished and full length with all links.

Can you explain about the Spillman, I have done research but haven’t found ways to identify this type of case other than a Moonphase watch.
    the watch is roughly 1k more expensive than a regular mid 80s speedy because of the case manufacturer - spillman. its is seen here
    the crs signatures shows it. these are much rarer than the ordinary caes. thats why the markup. try finding another one in this condition. you wont...
    The photo is of the caseback with C.R.S on it.

The Basel, case, bracelet, dial etc are all original to the watch or you think anything has been replaced during servicing?’m not going to ask if you have papers as it was not In the description. But do you know if this Belgium collector was only owner as the service papers seems to be from Sweden. Any history that you know of the ownership ?
    every part of the watch is original and comes right from this watch. nothing has been exchanged. the service was performed on the mechanical parts as in cleaning in ultrasound and so forth. i bought from a guy in belgium who bought it from the first owner in sweden. nothing more i can comment on. very confident the watch is what it looks like. all original and in pristine condition.

Would you close the deal via Chrono 24 where I originally found this watch.?
    i would not close the deal on chrono24. they charge me 5% and hold the funds. ask anybody about me and shucktheoyster. only happy clients. especially, in italy. i will accept a wire transfer as payment method.

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.31.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.32.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.32.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.32.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.32.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.40.13 PM.png
  7. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

Watch serviced in Sweden and serial comes bat form 1985.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.49.58 PM.png
  8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 30, 2019

Very high price for an '85.

EDIT: Deleted comment about seller -- my mistake. :oops:

Edited Sep 30, 2019
    Pilot85 likes this.
  9. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

Second one.

Omega Speedmaster ref. 145.022
    €4.950 not tried to negotiate the price yet....

First four digits of the watch 4687 as well....

has all the ticks for an 85 speedy as well.. Seems more vintage that the first one.

I do not know about the case if its a CRS as well or not I will ask. does it matter or make it more rare?

only concern is in the photos with circles i have not got a response yet.

Comments from seller.

Hello the Omega has been serviced last February. Probably some movementparts have been replaced as normal in a service. Dial, hands, bezel etc are all original. The case has not been polished. The only thing is that there is a small ding in one of the caselugs, as you can see in the pictures. Best regards

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.53.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.53.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.53.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 6.58.43 PM.png
  10. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

Do you know this seller? any bad experience.

Yes the price seems a bit high indeed.

11. Martin_F Sep 30, 2019

I made the same mistake at first, but the paperwork clearly states the serial number as 46377441. On the movement it looks like an 8. Maybe need a better picture of the movement number.

As far as CRS is concerned, this proves the case BACK is CRS as it's stamped. But how would you know the case itself is too? Or is it not possible to just swap the case back?

Edited Sep 30, 2019
  12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 30, 2019

Ugh, my mistake. I thought this was the name another oyster person used for that site, but I just checked again and see that the seller you mention is indicated to be in Germany. I will go back and edit my original post.

Price still seems very high, although I am used to US pricing and I am not sure what extra costs buyers in the EU normally incur.

13. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

You are saying the paperwork on the photos says 3 instead of 8 in the paperwork?
    I will double check...

CRS are the initials for Stillman but yes it can be changed

14. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

The seller is in Germany Shuck the Oyster in berlin

15. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

I don’t mind to buy it in the US. I have an address there but can’t seem to find any 85 Speedmaster in the US either...

16. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

I have double check the paper and the photo does clearly say 3

I have asked the dealer for confirmation.

17. Pilot85 Sep 30, 2019

Guys so what would be your fair price on these 2 watches?

18. Dan S Sep 30, 2019

I expect it will be hard to get a fair price from Shuck the Oyster. Some of his watches are quite nice, but his prices are always high. Since you are looking for a common watch, I would be patient and look for a watch you can buy directly from the owner. You will save a LOT of money.

Pilot85 likes this.
  19. rcs914 Sep 30, 2019

Second one has far more attractive lume, but looks like the pictures were taken with a potato. Can't really see any detail. Unless it is important to you to have one NOW i would wait and see what I can find. That first one is almost a $2K USD premium over what I would consider a fair market value. Does anyone really care that the case was made by CRS or Spillman? That's the first I've ever heard of that justifying a premium for an '80s speedmaster.

Pilot85 likes this.
  20. vienna Sep 30, 2019

I wouldn’t buy either of them. And my price estimation would be 3800 for the first and 3500 Euro for the second as a maximum. I am based in Europe too and prices seem to be pretty much the same here as in the US.

I would wait until the right one pops up, you only buy a birthyear Speedy once and should be satisfied with it.

Kind regards Max

alexkovac88, Pilot85 and Martin_F like this.