1984 Omega Speedy Professional

Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Hey folks,

this won’t be easy, but let’s try:

I‘m looking for a birth year watch, either a 1984 or a 1986 Speedmaster Professional. No LEs please - may look aged, but should be in an overall appealing state and good working condition. Bracelet is a plus, but no must.

If you have something that might be suitable, I‘d be happy if you dropped me a message and we‘ll see from there. 😀

Located in the EU but will consider purchases from anywhere else, too.

Thanks OF for the space - thanks to everyone who reaches out!
Edited:
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Funnily enough, I was contacted by a fellow member who lives close by and owns an 86 Speedy, even though he’s from 84. So I’m looking for either year now, 84 would mean that we could trade our birth year watches. 😀
 
Posts
5,026
Likes
18,607
Funny. Two days ago I bought a 48xxx speedmaster. Not sure which year exactly but it's definitely not my birthyear.
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Were you born twice? 😁

Luckily for my mom, I wasn’t, but a helpful user got in touch. He’s got an ‘86 Speedy and was born in ‘84, so finding the former would mean that we could simply trade them.
 
Posts
402
Likes
1,202
My Speedmaster Pro 145.022 has serial number 48xxxx and was produced in October 1986.
 
Posts
1,555
Likes
6,788
Funnily enough, I was contacted by a fellow member who lives close by and owns an 86 Speedy, even though he’s from 84. So I’m looking for either year now, 84 would mean that we could trade our birth year watches. 😀

Well, that fellow member is me... and we're still looking. So, bump. 😀
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
'86 Speedy: check!
'84 Speedy: Still hunting 😀
 
Posts
1,555
Likes
6,788
Found! 😁



(Going by date of sale, that is. Extract soon to be requested).
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
Funnily enough, the Speedy I recently sold turned out to be an ‘84, but I didn’t find that out until after the sale 😲


@Aludic, you can reference it against my above extract, maybe? Nice to see other ‘80s babies 😎 ‘88 myself.
Edited:
 
Posts
1,555
Likes
6,788
Funnily enough, the Speedy I recently sold turned out to be an ‘84, but I didn’t find that out until after the sale 😲


@Aludic, you can reference it against my above extract, maybe? Nice to see other ‘80s babies 😎 ‘88 myself.

Thanks! Pity I've missed out on yours; lovely example! This extract and corresponding watch are another indication that the serials were all over the place in '84 in particular and the mid-80s in general. I've seen confirmed '84 pieces with serials in the 46878xxx range (like your ex) as well as in the 4412xxxx range (like mine).
 
Posts
897
Likes
2,823
'85 here. Not looking for a birth year Speedy (yet!), but had to represent for my fellow '80's babies