Forums Latest Members
  1. Oliba Jul 7, 2020

I believe it has the 1110 movement. Can anyone attest to the movement on this watch being at all decent or the worst of the worst? I was given this as a gift and would like to learn more from the experts about what I've been given. I've heard the 80's were a rough time for Omega quality-wise, as Seiko moved in for the kill with their affordable albeit reliable quartz.

IMG_3182.JPG IMG_3183.JPG IMG_3184.JPG
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 8, 2020

Gold plated 80’s piece.

3. chipsotoole Jul 8, 2020

It certainly wasn't Omega's golden age. 1xxx movements were the last inhouse movements produced by Omega. They stopped somewhere around the mid 70's I believe. This was probably produced using up stock. Omega didn't make inherently bad movements but let's say many (but not all) of these 1xxx movements are generally unloved and unremarkable. Personally I find they suffer breakdowns more often than earlier models. Still it's a nice gift. Enjoy it for what it is...

Oliba, RubenDhae and Dash1 like this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 8, 2020

If properly serviced, these can be quite reliable and accurate. The issues with them tend to be a bit overblown on the forums compared to what I see personally.

Oliba and dan7800 like this.
  5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jul 8, 2020

This is good to know, thanks Archer :thumbsup:

6. Oliba Jul 8, 2020

Thanks, I had mine serviced by Time and Gold Omega authorized dealers a couple years ago. They cleaned the guts, removed gaskets, and replaced the crown, all at an exorbitant price. It's a shame the movement is a deterioration in quality from earlier models.

7. asrnj77 Jul 11, 2020

I’m confused. It seems like you’re replying to your first post. If you had it serviced already and paid a lot for said service, is it still running well?

8. Oliba Jul 11, 2020

Yes, it's running well. I was asking about the history of 1110 movement and whether it is prone to ongoing problems. I also have considered that maybe I have thrown away $400+ professionally fixing a sentimental item that doesn't hold much value.