1976 Omega Speedmaster 145.022: Franken Watch Check

Posts
4
Likes
1
I am looking at this for 4,000 at a local pawnshop. He is trustworthy but not that smart. I worry it is a zombie. 1976 model on the ref. Number. I think the saphire and bracelet have been replaced.

 
Posts
3,603
Likes
7,821
More photos needed to help you- back, sides, bracelet markings, inside Caseback with reference number, and movement With serial number visible.
Is it working including chrono functions?
Service history?
The seller has it priced toward top end for this reference so need check it out further with above.
Dial and bezel look pretty good as a start.

Here is some more info regarding these 76 watches

https://speedmaster101.com/145-022/...0NzI0MzYkbzEkZzAkdDE3Njk0NzI0MzYkajYwJGwwJGgw
 
Posts
35,647
Likes
39,895
Non-stepped dial with flat link bracelet is an odd combination, would be good to see the case-back and serial
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
The bracelet could be a significant part of the value, so we would need to see good photos of the clasp, blade engravings, endlinks etc. And don't take anything for granted if you think parts may have been put together.
 
Posts
13,519
Likes
23,458
Not necessarily a fake but watch, but rather a watch composed of other watches from the same brand.

Ah ok. I’ve never heard the term ‘zombie’ being used. ‘Franken’ is the usual term.
 
Posts
3,148
Likes
6,548
What’s a zombie?
chatgpt:
  • Zombie: Dead, reanimated, brain-hungry.
  • Frankenstein’s monster: Constructed, revived, complex, literary.
  • Cher: Very much alive, glamorous, and capable of defeating both in a dance-off.
 
Posts
432
Likes
1,044
Thank you.

If it needs to be shot… let me know.
You need to find a way to fit a movement and hands in this and get it running.
 
Posts
355
Likes
331
I put the Watch under my Zombiemeter and i‘m sorry to inform you that this is Indeed a Zombie watch.