Forums Latest Members
  1. Zohar Nov 5, 2019

Hi,
    still a newbie here...

I would love it if you guys would be able to help me a bit with my watch. I have previousely posted a question about this watch under a different thread that was mainly about a strap for the watch, but now my questions are of a different nature.

this watch was found by pure chance in an old closed box that belongd to my wife's grandmother. I understand that this watch will need a good fixing as the rotor seems to be seriousely worn out and the scratching on the back indicade that there might be some deeper issues that might need to be solved. I am honestly not certain wether I can afford fixing this watch after consulting with a few people who know more than I do about all things omega.

a few questions:
    the watch says "t swiss made t" - what does that mean?
    I can see a case ref number that says sf 168 010, but Could you tell me where I can see the serial number?
    Is this watch a chronograph or non chronograph? I am asking because i saw that Omega offer a "complete service" option and the prices are quite different between the two kinds of mechanisms.
    Has anyone here used the "complete service" Omega offer?

if anybody can help me with any other info about this watch I would greatly appreciate it.

thank you!

face.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-11-01 at 11.49.26.jpeg

2. ChrisN Nov 5, 2019

The "T Swiss Made T" indicates that the luminous material used on the hands and dial are Tritium.
    The 168010 is for the case, as you noted. The calibre (561 or 564, I suspect) and the serial number are on the train bridge which is hidden by the rotor in your picture.
    This is a non chronograph.

I haven't used the Omega full service but, it needs at least a rotor bush to resolve the rotor rub issue and probably further parts. Get different quotes to service it.

I hope you manage to get it fixed and enjoy it.

Cheers, Chris

Zohar likes this.
  3. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Nov 5, 2019

See below

the watch says "t swiss made t" - what does that mean? - "t" indicates tritium used on the dial/hands

I can see a case ref number that says sf 168 010, but Could you tell me where I can see the serial number? I assume you mean movement serial number. This is engraved on the movement for that watch an 8 digit number. There will also be a 3 digit number which is the movement calibre (maybe 561)

Is this watch a chronograph or non chronograph? Not a chronograph but is a Chronometer (precision movement)

I am asking because i saw that Omega offer a "complete service" option and the prices are quite different between the two kinds of mechanisms.
    Has anyone here used the "complete service" Omega offer? I would avoid Omega themselves and use a recommended watchmaker. If you let the forum know where you are based they will let you know someone local

My 168.004 (a close relation) says hi

a1.jpg

Zohar and DaveK like this.
  4. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Nov 5, 2019

doh

beat me to it :)

Zohar and ChrisN like this.
  5. Zohar Nov 5, 2019

thank you very much for the replies!

I assume that I am quite far away from most of you guys..... I am in Israel....

thank you!

6. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Nov 5, 2019

You are a long way from me however there are around 50,000 OF members from all across the world so hopefully someone in your locality will read this and be able to point you in the right direction for servicing nearer to you. Good luck

7. ChrisN Nov 5, 2019

Gav1967 likes this.
  8. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 5, 2019

Sidnos and Shabbaz like this.
  9. ChrisN Nov 6, 2019

DaveK likes this.
  10. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 6, 2019

Thank you, that is very cool