Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1956 SS & rose gold, Omega Geneve 2903 cross hair dial & sunken sub second dial

1. OllieOnTheRocks Jul 24, 2020

Hello again,

The next watch in my collection up for sale is this beautiful Omega Geneve. This dates to 1956 and marks the start and most prestigious period of the "Geneve" line from Omega. I am only selling as I have 6 Omega Geneves currently in my collection, so with a heavy heart I must get rid of a couple.
    IMG_3873.jpg IMG_9053.jpg
    The Dial: As you can see this watch has clearly been touched by the sands of time. But I think the patina and even and attractive. The dial remains beautiful and all text is in tact and legible. The beautiful cursive writing font stands out, only just behind the applied logo and indices. This is a rare two tone combination, where the indices and hands in rose gold, beautifully contrast with the steel case. I believe these 'sunken' sub dial Omega Geneves to be the rarest of the dials on these omegas, as they do not often come up for sale. In fact through my research I have only found one such advertisement from Omega that shows this style of dial:

OMGenS.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    The movement: The movement is the Calibre 267, the crown winds smoothly and sets fine. I haven't has it serviced during my ownership and do not have any service records. That said, it has worked well for me, and has shown no signs of problems. It has not been tested for accuracy and as with all vintage watches, a service is recommended to ensure optimum accuracy.
    IMG_1116.jpg IMG_1271.jpg IMG_4687.jpg IMG_6172.jpg IMG_6779.jpg IMG_7114.jpg IMG_4056.jpg
    The case: A fantastic sharp, unpolished example. The type collectors crave! A sharp case always excites me and this is not exception. As one would imagine small scratches cover the case of this 64 year old watch but this is a much more desirable option to a polished case! The crown is signed omega, and not including the crown the watch measures a comfortable 34.3mm in diameter. 41.8mm lug to lug. It has good presence on the wrist and in my opinion the ideal size for a dress watch.

The strap and buckle: The strap is a lightly used camel coloured genuine leather strap in a vintage style, similar to those that this watch may have been fitted with 60 years ago. I chose this strap as it beautifully compliments the rose gold indices, mirroring their tone and bringing the whole ensemble together in the most unified and enjoyable way. The buckle is not original omega.
    IMG_8596.jpg
    Box/Papers: Included is a beautiful vintage 1950s Omega box as pictured. It is in good condition, although there are marks here and there, commensurate to age. There are no papers.

Price: £800 (Would like to get back what it costs me but I'm open to offers for a quick sell - don't be shy, knock me down!)

Feedback: Three sales so far on here and three satisfied buyers:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/excellent-experience-buying-from-ollieontherocks.117036/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ollieontherocks-is-a-great-seller.116885/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ollieontherocks-is-an-excellent-seller.117015/

I also have over 300 positive Ebay feedback and amazon feedback.

Thank you omega forums for the platform to sell, I hope someone likes the watch it’s a fantastic piece that in my opinion is an example of a great vintage dress watch for your collection!

Edit: I always think a video helps show off a watch in its best light so I took this video:

https://imgur.com/untvLZ6

*Sold as seen - pictures contribute to description
    *No returns

noelekal, Johnnied, rbob99 and 15 others like this.
  2. OllieOnTheRocks Jul 31, 2020

Don't be shy to make me an offer, just trying to consolidate my collection :D

3. OllieOnTheRocks Aug 9, 2020

Will put an original 1950s/1960s Omega buckle on it if it sweetens the deal ☺️
    919C436A-CF5A-445C-A874-19D152E759AE.jpeg AF1E3DB6-1C7A-423F-9432-2152268A82A9.jpeg

apsm100, DaveK and Dr.Sascha like this.
  4. OllieOnTheRocks Aug 16, 2020

Bump

5. OllieOnTheRocks Aug 26, 2020

Reduced to £700

6. OllieOnTheRocks Sep 16, 2020

Reduced to £650 Ono

maximus288 likes this.