1954 Seamaster Help!

I have come across this watch from a family. Wondering if spending $500 to repair and clean it is a wise investment? I have no idea the value of this watch.1000003502.jpg 1000003503.jpg 1000003501.jpg

Hi, do you have any additional pictures?

Your watch is apparently from 1954.

Unless there are sentimental reasons to keep it, I would not advise to spend $500 to repair this very tired movement. The value of the watch is unlikely to be more than the cost of the service.

Many of the steel components are rusted, and it is unlikely that a standard service will fix this in a satisfactory way (parts are not easily available for bumper movements).

Like 1
Hi, do you have any additional pictures?

Your watch is apparently from 1954.

Unless there are sentimental reasons to keep it, I would not advise to spend $500 to repair this very tired movement. The value of the watch is unlikely to be more than the cost of the service.

Many of the steel components are rusted, and it is unlikely that a standard service will fix this in a satisfactory way (parts are not easily available for bumper movements).
Thank you for the advice!

The majority of the value of a vintage watch is in the dial, and we haven’t seen your dial yet.

The majority of the value of a vintage watch is in the dial, and we haven’t seen your dial yet.
Tomorrow I will add the dial picture. A watch repair shop opened today so I don't have it. Thanks for all this info I am clueless in this topic.

Watch appears to be a gold cap based off the crown

Steel parts are aged, but won't affect the running of the movement. Just doesn't look nice when looking at the movement.

The setting lever screw is not correct and someone used whatever was available

Movement clamp and screw are missing - caliber 354? 6 types of case clamps - 4 are discontinued:(

Copper parts not too bad on top. Lower parts (all parts) will need a cleaning

If nothing needs replacing (not counting the incorrect screw). $500 is way overpriced. If you don't need a new crystal. Cleaning for a movement like this should be about $250.00 Crystal? My supplier shows $90 Canadian or $70.00 US

Dial. Until we see. Leave as is or refinish

Like 1
It will depend on the condition of the dial and the rest of the watch and, most importantly, the sentimental value.

please check this seasmaster…No logoed crown and caseback…If it is real,can someone provide me full detail?

please check this seasmaster…No logoed crown and caseback…If it is real,can someone provide me full detail?

Awful redial

Like 4
Quoted member UWG
You already asked this in your own thread. So why again here?
Fishing for an answer they agree with??

Like 2