1950's Omega Seamaster Calendar!

Purchased from a local shop about a year ago. I don't know much about the movement and the year. Crystal is in good condition, hardly any scratches.

Looking for 495 or make an offer. Thanks!

Unfortunately quite a long list - a wee look at "Seamaster" for a start. Compare with originals and you will quickly see what is wrong with your example.

Even from the poor pictures the dial printing is too thick and messy and the S in seamaster is wrong. In fact I'm suspect of the date wheel as well...the number printing looks off. Also the minute track is off and has inconsistencies...such as between the eleven and twelve there are only three tick marks, should be four.

holy...well. good thing i didnt pay a lot for it. thats prob why it was so cheap eh? thanks for your guys time and expertise.

Don't worry, sure most of us have been caught out at one point or another :thumbsup:

Looks like a 50's gold capped Seamaster case with an incorrect crown, and am assuming that's 495 U.S. your asking:( ...that's a bit strong for this watch (being as kind as possible here).

It's a mid / late 50's caliber 503 with a replacement crown and as mentioned a poor redial. Here's a good idea of what the lettering should look like:

$(KGrHqR,!hIE7SqqvtqnBPEwQr1+jQ~~60_3.JPG