Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
The above comment regarding the legitimacy of 50s Connies with piepan dials and sunburst effect is valid for this example, too.
 
Posts
305
Likes
485
The above comment regarding the legitimacy of 50s Connies with piepan dials and sunburst effect is valid for this example, too.
You’re right and this may be more cobbled together than I initially thought
 
Posts
2,624
Likes
2,803
The above comment regarding the legitimacy of 50s Connies with piepan dials and sunburst effect is valid for this example, too.
Awe 🙁 Now I'm double sad. BOTH are beautiful, its sad they aren't real dials.
 
Posts
305
Likes
485
Awe 🙁 Now I'm double sad. BOTH are beautiful, its sad they aren't real dials.
I don’t think the last one we talked about is necessarily not real, that dial and movement doesn’t belong in a 2943 case but I may be wrong
 
Posts
2,624
Likes
2,803
I don’t think the last one we talked about is necessarily not real, that dial and movement doesn’t belong in a 2943 case but I may be wrong
OH! that makes a heck of a lot more sense, just a movement/dial swap. I still want it tho...
 
Posts
2,992
Likes
4,748
The Ratmiester who cobbles together rusty parts initial feeling was the dial looked way off. Not sure why I guess when you look at a lot of examples there is just a feeling one gets.
 
Posts
6,764
Likes
10,420
I don’t think the last one we talked about is necessarily not real, that dial and movement doesn’t belong in a 2943 case but I may be wrong
The serifs are all wrong and the minute haches are playing fast and loose with the edges of the central plain.
 
Posts
305
Likes
485
The serifs are all wrong and the minute haches are playing fast and loose with the edges of the central plain.
Good to know.
 
Posts
8,817
Likes
62,454
The serifs are all wrong and the minute haches are playing fast and loose with the edges of the central plain.


Plus the "n's" are not right, font and serifs are terrible on Constellation
 
Posts
3,602
Likes
7,817
It's being marketed as a "salmon dial"...
Well at least it’s a good catch 🎣
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,225
A bit late to the game.. but I was looking at this redial and the French case… a random question popped up.

Seemed quite ludicrous to have a French case and an English spelling on “Chromometre” rather than the French one. But was there actually ever any relation there? ie. French case -> French spelling on the dial? Including after the switch to the English spelling. Or is that completely unrelated?
 
Posts
6,764
Likes
10,420
Omega commissioned the dials - so once they began spelling it ‘chronometer’ then that would be used worldwide regardless of the country.